Order Placed - Hydra

Cuz Vinny

Finally placed my order today for a Hydra. Basically got the “base” bike with the 2300w motor upgrade in Midnight Bronze. Have a few changes planned when the bike gets here. I’m adding a FSA SLK carbon drop stem, Renthal Carbon Fat Bar handlebars, Bafang Mini 500C display, Magura MDRP rotors 220mm / 203mm, and Schwalbe Eddy Current tires 27.5 X 2.8.

I was going to just buy the frame and do a custom build but then I’d have to sit and look at it until it was done. This way I get a complete running bike that I can ride and enjoy while I slowly upgrade it to my liking.

Happy to finally be part of the Watt Wagons family. Now the waiting begins .......

Congrats!
The waiting is no fun. We'll suffer through it together. :)

75.png

Just placed my order for the Hydra. It is the basic bike with 2300W and the Rohloff. I selected the tungsten as base color with the tequila sunrise as accent color. It is great to deal with Pushkar! Now the wait....

Just placed my order for the Hydra. It is the basic bike with 2300W and the Rohloff. I selected the tungsten as base color with the tequila sunrise as accent color. It is great to deal with Pushkar! Now the wait....
That’s going to be a nice looking bike!

Finally placed my order today for a Hydra. Basically got the “base” bike with the 2300w motor upgrade in Midnight Bronze. Have a few changes planned when the bike gets here. I’m adding a FSA SLK carbon drop stem, Renthal Carbon Fat Bar handlebars, Bafang Mini 500C display, Magura MDRP rotors 220mm / 203mm, and Schwalbe Eddy Current tires 27.5 X 2.8.

I was going to just buy the frame and do a custom build but then I’d have to sit and look at it until it was done. This way I get a complete running bike that I can ride and enjoy while I slowly upgrade it to my liking.

Happy to finally be part of the Watt Wagons family. Now the waiting begins .......
Your choice of Midnight Bronze has been niggling at me since you posted. After much much perusal of MB compared to Burnt Bronze I have decided to copy you. Sorry but you made the best choice. The Burnt Bronze just looks like dark gold in the sun and I want to be less flamboyant than that so Midnight Bronze is my new color choice.

This pic shows them both:

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 4.14.45 PM.png

Your choice of Midnight Bronze has been niggling at me since you posted. After much much perusal of MB compared to Burnt Bronze I have decided to copy you. Sorry but you made the best choice. The Burnt Bronze just looks like dark gold in the sun and I want to be less flamboyant than that so Midnight Bronze is my new color choice.

This pic shows them both:

View attachment 72891
The pics shown on the website unfortunately don’t show the true color, that’s very hard to get from just a photo. That and they seem to change with different lighting. I wanted a darker bronze color and that’s what the description states, that it’s a darker more metallic color. Thats why I went with it vs the burnt bronze. Can’t wait to see what it looks like in real life. I think it’s going to be an amazing looking bike.

The pics shown on the website unfortunately don’t show the true color, that’s very hard to get from just a photo. That and they seem to change with different lighting. I wanted a darker bronze color and that’s what the description states, that it’s a darker more metallic color. Thats why I went with it vs the burnt bronze. Can’t wait to see what it looks like in real life. I think it’s going to be an amazing looking bike.
True. Every pic on that site looks different. But you look at enough of em and you get sort of an idea. As I said, you are the one that got me thinking. When I realized that the lighter bronze really just looked like darkish gold I gave it up. 'True' color is totally relative. Different cameras show colors differently and lighting makes a world of difference.

Back