Orbea Keram SUV 20 heavy duty tourer suitablility

warek437

Region
Australia
Hi
This bike is available as a demo bike with 500 kms. Recommended by local bike shop for touring and gravel rail trails and also to tow a dog trailer. Dog and dog trailer weights 35 kgs and I weigh 96 kgs. Bike has 12 speed cassette and Bosch cx motor and 500 watt battery. Any comments? Is it to big/heavy or unnecessary for the tasks I intend to use it for?

I was originally thinking of Trek Allant or Specialized Vado/Como or Riese Muller Nevo/Charger

The Orbea has also been setup with all fittings to add extra 500 watt hour frame mount battery.

Thanks for any information.

Kevin

Attachments

• Orbea-Keram-SUV-20.jpg
    Orbea-Keram-SUV-20.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 182
I think this is a relatively light bike. I contacted Oreba and they said it weighed less than 50 lbs. The EBR reviews aree so good to include bike weights. Definitely seems to be at a good price considering the components.I don't know why so few of Oreba's ebikes have been reviewed here. Maybe they are as hard t ine everywhere as here on the CO front range. How were your test rides?

Thanks for your interest.

In the end I did not buy the bike as it was to long to fit inside my vehicle with the large front rack. and it was expensive.

I have purchased a low km Gazelle cityzen 10 speed cassette with Bosch performance line motor and 500 wh powertube battery for about half the price. I am very happy with its build quality and its braking and ride stability, and have ridden it about 650 kms. The negatives are that it is heavy with heavy wheels and when you exceed the speed limited 25 kph in Australia there is a bit of resistance/lack of smoothness until you reach about 28 kmh. Can only do this when riding on downhill.

Regards
Kevin

Back