Orbea Gain sizing

Inveral

I’m thinking of buying an Orbea Gain D30 drop bar. I’m 5foot 11inches tall and thought I would be a large size. I’ve been told I would need a medium 55cm. I read somewhere that Orbea comes in slightly larger than other brands. Does anyone have any experience of sizing or advice for Orbea Gain. There are not any suppliers locally where I can try the bike for size.

Hi,
I've just bought an F40, size medium. I'm 5'8" and it's just right for me. I tested a "large" which was too big for me, but if I were a couple of inches taller it would have been the right size. So at 5'11" I think your first instinct was correct.
FWIW, I believe the frame sizes are the same for drop bar and flat bar versions.
Hope this helps, good luck!

Bumping this thread back up to hopefully get some more data points. I'm thinking of picking up a Gain, but can't put a leg over one in my area and am torn between M and L. I'm 5'11" with ~33" inseam (measured to the floor). A (non-local) friend of similar height and build rides a Medium frame Terra and mentioned he even had to shorten up the cockpit a bit. We both ride Large frame mountain bikes. As a reference I've previously had a L frame Devinci Hatchet, which I'd say felt slightly long for my liking.

This is highly personal, if you are really worried about it, the only way to meaningfully solve your issue is to get to a place where you can test it.
If you really cannot get to one, get all the measurements of seat height, stand over height and reach of your target bike, and test a locally available bike that has the same measurements.

This is highly personal, if you are really worried about it, the only way to meaningfully solve your issue is to get to a place where you can test it.
If you really cannot get to one, get all the measurements of seat height, stand over height and reach of your target bike, and test a locally available bike that has the same measurements.
The last bit will be part of my decision, but still interested in others' personal experience with sizing.

Back