Online Avid BB7 prices?

FatChance

Region
USA
I am looking to upgrade the brakes on my XP 2.0 and am considering Avid BB7 brakes. I have a pair of cheap cable/hydraulic Zero HB100 calipers sitting on my workbench but am concerned about some of their negative reviews. When I see a Avid BB7 F&R set (with discs) for under $50 online, are these real or knockoffs, considering some are going for $80 for just a single caliper? FWIW, I am going to a 180mm front disc. I have been riding motorcycles for almost 60 years and want good brakes.

I think full hydraulic brakes are not called for and don't want to also find brake lever sets with a motor cutoff connection. I have already upgraded the brake cables with Jagwires for better feel and less drag.

Last edited:
there are road and mountain so the price difference. under 50 I would question them https://www.jensonusa.com/Avid-BB7-MTB-Disc-Brake
you want good new housing that will make a big difference.
Thank you. That makes good sense, as I did not appreciate the difference. Also, I edited that I already upgraded to Jagwire Pro cable and housings.

Would the road version be acceptable on a XP 2.0 with the stock levers or is the mtb version more desired and would they require other levers?

Last edited:
Thank you. That makes good sense, as I did not appreciate the difference. Also, I edited that I already upgraded to Jagwire Pro cable and housings.

Would the road version be acceptable on a XP 2.0 with the stock levers or is the mtb version more desired and would they require other levers?
the throw is different plus they cost more.

Back