ODO meter stopped working - is it fixable.....

ramg1967

I am disappointed with the bike. Just after one week of riding the ODO meter stopped working. Currently it is showing 20KMS and does not change. How can, I fix this issue.

I have written email to Lectric bike and waiting for their response.

Thanks

Ram

I understand your frustration. My battery died after 13 original miles. The derailleur hanger was bent, the brakes were messed not adjusted (just thrown on), and I ended up taking it to a certified bike shop. Funny thing is (well not so funny)..they told me they just fixed one exactly like mine (Lectric XP) and it had so many things that needed tweaking it was a good thing that it was checked out before many miles. These bikes are in such demand that I think what is going on in my opinion is that Lectric hasn't the ability to keep up with complaints about shipping times...that the people assembling these bikes are just throwing them together to get them out the door. NO way was my bike inspected or prepared correctly. This has been confirmed by my bike shop. Also those who "think" they are OK, beware sooner or later these things will catch up to you (and Lectric)

I spent over $1600 canadian. It is not a small amount. I could have got a bike from volt for the same price from BC. Since this bike had good review, I went for. By the way, I did not complain. Just reported the problem. There is big difference between complain and report issue.

I understand your frustration. My battery died after 13 original miles. The derailleur hanger was bent, the brakes were messed not adjusted (just thrown on), and I ended up taking it to a certified bike shop. Funny thing is (well not so funny)..they told me they just fixed one exactly like mine (Lectric XP) and it had so many things that needed tweaking it was a good thing that it was checked out before many miles. These bikes are in such demand that I think what is going on in my opinion is that Lectric hasn't the ability to keep up with complaints about shipping times...that the people assembling these bikes are just throwing them together to get them out the door. NO way was my bike inspected or prepared correctly. This has been confirmed by my bike shop. Also those who "think" they are OK, beware sooner or later these things will catch up to you (and Lectric)
The problem is not the bike...you ordered a bike online. If you buy a bike from a bike store you have the luxury of the bike store going through the bike and setting everything up for you. You pay for that...Do you think every bike Lectric gets should be gone over and set up before being sent to you? And are you willing to pay for that initially? Apparently not? You bought a bike for $899. It's a fantastic deal. But expecting to have it set up perfectly out of the box is unrealistic. I have bought 4 of these bikes now. YesI had to put air in the tires and adjust a few things and straighten the derailleur. Bike stores love you. They can over charge you and tell you the merits of their bikes that are way over priced. I follow Lectric closely and the last bikes I bought were less than a month ago and they were better set up than mine from a year ago. They're packed better and most is tight but expecting a bike to be perfect out of the box every time is unrealistic. I suggest you need to go to you tube and watch some videos on how to set up and adjust your bike rather than paying someone else to put down your bike and over charge you.
As far as dealing with Lectric for warranty issues. You will find out they will fix the issues that occasionally come up. Give them a chance before condemning them..

I spent over $1600 canadian. It is not a small amount. I could have got a bike from volt for the same price from BC. Since this bike had good review, I went for. By the way, I did not complain. Just reported the problem. There is big difference between complain and report issue.
Im Canadian too..😍 my first two bikes I had shipped to Blaine Washington and picked up from there $1354 each Canadian with tax. The last two bikes we knew a broker owner that helped out. Shipping them to Canada adds to the cost.. 😩

I am disappointed with the bike. Just after one week of riding the ODO meter stopped working. Currently it is showing 20KMS and does not change. How can, I fix this issue.

I have written email to Lectric bike and waiting for their response.

Thanks

Ram
I think you will find that Lectric will figure out the problem and will take care of you. One of our bikes had the same problem. Turns out in our case the wire from the motor had a break in it..easy fix...they sent me a replacement..👌

I took the bike to ebike shop. The mechanic opened up the controller and fixed the issue. Not sure what he did / he didn't - ODO meter is working and, I can see the distance travelled.

Had to spend another $50 + $25 to fix this issue.

Im Canadian too..😍 my first two bikes I had shipped to Blaine Washington and picked up from there $1354 each Canadian with tax. The last two bikes we knew a broker owner that helped out. Shipping them to Canada adds to the cost.. 😩
Yes another $350 towards duty.

I took the bike to ebike shop. The mechanic opened up the controller and fixed the issue. Not sure what he did / he didn't - ODO meter is working and, I can see the distance travelled.

I spoke to Ryan about this issue at Lectric a while ago.....one of the wires to the controller can sometimes be not connected completely. I wonder if that was it. I would speak with them at Lectric. I'm sure they will reimburse you for this..

Yes another $350 towards duty.
Yes it pays to do your research when ordering something from the states. I don't believe that was duty you paid but actually a brokerage charge from the courier who delivered it. A complete ripoff. I paid, $55 in brokerage fees one time for a'$12 item. That's the last time I did that...😦

Ouch, $75 and all the mechanic would have done is push together connectors. Hopefully a lot of people will read this and just go through all of the connectors on their bike making sure something isn't just loose. All of the connectors are colour coded and have one way pins so if you work on them 1 at a time it's almost impossible to hurt something, just remember to pull and push on the connectors and not the wires themselves.

I spoke to Ryan about this issue at Lectric a while ago.....one of the wires to the controller can sometimes be not connected completely. I wonder if that was it. I would speak with them at Lectric. I'm sure they will reimburse you for this..
I am still waiting for their email response. Would appreciate, if they can reimburse $75.

I am Canadian as well and used to have a Voltbike Yukon but bought the XP because of the price, reviews, and folding feature. I bought mine before the border was closed and didn't have to pay any duty to get it across so only paid about $1200 or about $400 less than any other comparable bike on the market. Now with the border closed and the need to use a broker or some special shipping arrangement I would not recommend buying any cross border ebike over a Canadian ebike. One other thing, Voltbike checks out every bike before they ship it to you and Lectric just forwards the bike without opening the box so if you're not mechanical at all that might be a good selling point.

Yes it pays to do your research when ordering something from the states. I don't believe that was duty you paid but actually a brokerage charge from the courier who delivered it. A complete ripoff. I paid, $55 in brokerage fees one time for a'$12 item. That's the last time I did that...😦
These courier companies are robbing people out right with the shipment.

I am Canadian as well and used to have a Voltbike Yukon but bought the XP because of the price, reviews, and folding feature. I bought mine before the border was closed and didn't have to pay any duty to get it across so only paid about $1200 or about $400 less than any other comparable bike on the market. Now with the border closed and the need to use a broker or some special shipping arrangement I would not recommend buying any cross border ebike over a Canadian ebike. One other thing, Voltbike checks out every bike before they ship it to you and Lectric just forwards the bike without opening the box so if you're not mechanical at all that might be a good selling point.
Too late now. I will have to live with it...

Another Canadian here. Hoping to get my bike shortly. At the risk of suffering the contempt of fellow posters, I will freely admit that I am neither mechanically inclined nor super interested in going beyond tightening up everything when I take the bike out of the box (assuming I can even find the appropriate tools in my ‘toolbox’ - actually a fishing tackle box, which should give you an idea of how handy I am!). Yes, I’m lazy, but at least I admit it!

With that in mind, can anyone recommend a half decent bike shop in Toronto (North York) that can take a quick look at my bike when I get it, as well as do future maintenance, repairs etc.? Will any of the sponsors advertising at the bottom of these forums do? Thanks in advance.

Back