Occasional clunking on RipCurrent - Bottom bracket?

I used a mechanic's stethoscope to listen more closely. You likely know this... if you don't have a stethoscope, you can use the tip of a long screwdriver placed on a fixed spot close to where the sound seems to come from. Place the end of the handle on your ear and listen.

I used a mechanic's stethoscope to listen more closely. You likely know this... if you don't have a stethoscope, you can use the tip of a long screwdriver placed on a fixed spot close to where the sound seems to come from. Place the end of the handle on your ear and listen.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the sound with the bike on the stand. It only happens when I am riding.

So the sporadic clunking I could feel / hear in the drive train was definitely due to the rear wheel / motor. Mine developed a bad bearing which made a terrible racket (I don't think this was related to the clunking - totally different noises, and the occasional clunking was there from day 1, and the bearing racket was extremely obvious and developed only at about the 140 mile mark).

Juiced sent a new rear wheel / motor, and I wanted to use it a while before reporting back, but that clunking that came and went is 100% gone. This after putting almost 100 miles on the new motor / wheel.

I have had this issue since delivery. Tried new pedals not! What kind of bottom bracket it? Sealed cartridge? Is it rebuild-able? Has anyone fixed this issue via bottom bracket repair of some sort?

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the sound with the bike on the stand. It only happens when I am riding.
In my experience, not being able to reproduce on the stand, >>usually means<<, a torque related bottom bracket sound issue.

Back