nyon upgrade for R&M ebikes?

Fascinating. Very interesting that COBI is more expensive than Kiox.

If you (or anyone here) owns the 6A charger, I would love to know if it is dual input voltage like the 4A charger.
The 6A Charger is only for 220v and there won’t be a 110v version for the foreseeable future as far as I can tell and I’ve heard from Bosch. I’m very interested in this product as well, but I’ve heard it hasn’t taken off in Europe.

I can think of many applications for this here which is makes me wish it was available. For now our only hope is to order from Europe and hook it up to a 220v outlet which I’ve considered for rapid charging in the shop.

I am fairly certain that Nyon uses my home wifi to receive routes that have been created and saved on the ebike connect web portal. However Nyon Ala connects to my android phone via Bluetooth.

The recently updated app has the capability of creating routes to be transfered to the Nyon. I have not explored this and am not sure if the route created on phone transfers via wifi or Bluetooth. I suspect Bluetooth but cannot confirm this. If it did so out in the field away from my home wifi, this would confirm Bluetooth route transmission.

Bosch has created real confusion as regards their display plans and needs to clarify where it is going. Nyon is a quite well thought out and reasonably mature product. Reports on Kiox indicate it is sorely lacking and was released to the public in early beta form. Intuvia is basic but solid and reliable. Purion is too basic and shares precious little of the system's available info with the rider.
Kiox will be Bosch’s closed system connected display. They will release an app this spring and from there there will be additional add on modules connected to the Bosch Connect app.

COBI will remain an open source type display with access to developers outside of Bosch. We should see a new launch of COBI in the US for MY 2020 when COBI will have the UL approval. I suspect it might change a bit, but that’s just speculation. I would think it would be released as a built in unit like the Intuvia mount, plugging directly into the motor. But we’ll see.

I don’t foresee Nyon coming to the US and Bosch has eluded to this many times before. I do anticipate that with the pending Kiox and updated COBI there will be less of a need. I know this area is lacking a bit, but I anticipate some changes ahead.

Intuvia and Purion will remain as far as I know.

To clarify, COBI is offered currently in Europe, but won’t be in the US until 2020. I hope it’s paired with a refresh, but I don’t know. It was pulled from the US market latterly due to not having UL. I would think they could have gotten UL on the current version but perhaps they know something is in the pipeline and it’s better not to waste too much time and money on UL testing for a product which might be changing.

Hi All, I have a great interest in upgrading from the Intuvia display on my Charger Mixte (when it eventually ships from the East Coast). So I contacted Cobi.bike and received a response a few days later on the 13th of February.
”Hi Carl, Unfortunately, the sale to the US and Canada has been discontinued indefinitely, and, in addition, there are no plans to start the retail of COBI.Bike in Australia at the moment either.
However, perhaps, this might change in the future.”

Chris, looks like you have some information that’s not readily available to the public. Great news if it’s available in the U.S sometime next year. Perhaps dealers might be open to selling a Cobi unit or 2 and shipping to Oz?.

Chris, looks like you have some information that’s not readily available to the public. Great news if it’s available in the U.S sometime next year. Perhaps dealers might be open to selling a Cobi unit or 2 and shipping to Oz?.
Carl, technically you can buy a unit from the EU now. It will work on your bike, it just won’t be supported by your local dealer. Stay tuned for more news after Eurobike in September.

Back