Not riding again until I install mirrors

I agree, the Mirrcycle mirror is OK and has worked OK for me in the past. Just sayin’ there are better alternatives, e.g., Sprintech.
I would try the Sprintech, except it is twice as expensive as the M.C. and has a lot,.. I mean way, way less positive reviews, on Amazon.
Something like 6,000 fewer positive reviews !
Just saying.

Wife and I discovered that smooth vs. crunchy argument was easily solved. We keep both in stock!

My Nevo 3 came with an Ergotec M88 mirror. It was very nice until I read the torque value upside down (9 nm instead of 6 nm). Broke a small internal threaded sleeve and it would cost about $25 to replace. Went with the Mirrcycle and am very pleased. Of course I have been wearing a helmet with a very large mirror with a normal fov attached and I have not removed it. The Mirrcycle gives me a wider view, but the helmet mirror lets me see the license plate number before the car hits me.

How about a Mirrycycle Mirror with a special bolt, like they put in the sensor bracket?

THANK YOU for reminding me! I already have those special bolt locks on my bicycle. I have Hexlox securing various components. I feel so silly for not thinking of it.

I got the Hafny one from Amazon and so far I love it. No rattling or shaking even on our terrible nyc streets. Makes me feel a lot more comfortable zipping around.

Thanks again for the reminder lol.

So how are the Hafny E13 mirrors working for you?
They work great! I did briefly mount them under the handlebars, but then I realised my arm was even more in the way, and that if I am going to do that, I need to move them further inboard. I was too lazy to do that, so for now, they are back in the original position, where I can see well enough for now. The only real issue I have is that with the mirrors, I can’t lean the bike against the wall in my living room without folding the mirror, so the next time I get on the ebike, I have to readjust it all over again.

Otherwise, they are optically clear and free enough of vibration. When I have enough time to reconfigure the mounts, I’ll try the undermount further inboard.

My Nevo 3 came with an Ergotec M88 mirror. It was very nice until I read the torque value upside down (9 nm instead of 6 nm). Broke a small internal threaded sleeve and it would cost about $25 to replace. Went with the Mirrcycle and am very pleased. Of course I have been wearing a helmet with a very large mirror with a normal fov attached and I have not removed it. The Mirrcycle gives me a wider view, but the helmet mirror lets me see the license plate number before the car hits me.
After this post, I did a totally subjective review of my two mirrors: Mirrcycle and EVT Safety Zone Bicycle Helmet Mirror (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LVHZ4O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The helmet mirror is big (2 1/4 in dia) but it gives a slightly narrower field of vision than the Mirrcycle. If I had only one mirror, I'd keep the helmet one. When adjusted properly, it requires no head motion, just a flick of the eyes, and it is very clear and a good fov. Some people don''t like it because a) it's so big it look very strange and b) it takes a lot of fooling around to get it set just right (but once it's set, it requires only small tweaks).

So, the cheapo round mirrors that I thought I needed to replace - are working great now. I only use one, on the left. Once I took a cue from here and mounted them Below the bars, I have a good view now.

I’ve used the Bike Pedder Take-A-Look for many years and still find it’s what I like best. Probably because I am so familiar with it. Of course it requires wearing some sort of glasses…
I’m sure it’s considered a huge fashion faux-pas by many.

Those PaceEarth ones on the Amazon link mentioned in an earlier post look interesting.

Back