Not doing this again

BKing

We drove the SUV up a one way single lane paved mountain road today to hike some. Didn’t think about riding there, might go up the mountain if I had a 6000 watt system. So at the top I decided to ride down the single lane paved road on the way out. I waited until several cars went down then waited till another one was coming and took off before he could hog up the narrow lane. I couldn’t go faster than 24 due to curves and had to brake between medium and real hard for 3 miles. I could smell brakes from the cars that went before. It was deep woods, just a few sun spots, road disappears every 10 seconds due to drop offs and sharp curves. Brake calipers were quite warm, rotor temperatures probably hot enough to glow in the dark. It was fun but too dangerous and too hard on the brakes. Rad builds a bad ass bike!

I ended up glazing up my Radrover pads on my 18-22 mph work commute. I have one downhill run were I can get up to 25-27 mph if I push it hard. I had to adjust the standard brakes weekly, a lot of (embarrassing) noise with every stop, and my emergency stops were getting dangerously longer. Upgraded to TRP Spyke brakes with Jagwire cables and that was a big improvement over stock.

Back