Nitro E3 vs Stromer Elite

$1300 with the city kit!? That's crazy. The city kit alone is $350. The dealer must have sold it at a huge loss. Anyway, my 2 cents on this topic is that Nitro is a sweet bike. I checked out pretty much every e-bike in the $1500-3000 range and the Nitro was by far the best. I paid $2100 and would seriously consider buying a spare for $1300. Only drawback in my opinion is that you can't put a seat shock on it. The stock grips and handlebar are not great, but easily replaced.

I rode a Nitro for about four months as a loaner while my izip was out of service. Very nice bike, solid and sporty. Now into this discussion add the new Specialized Turbo X at $4500, also a 28 mph Type 3 bike, with Shimano Deore, built in lights, 562 Wh battery and 250 motor, and clean integrated design. The attraction of a major national brand is a greta plus.
http://www.specialized.com

And up a step, the Turbo S at $7000 with Shimano XT and 500W motor and 691 Wh battery.

Stromer is now on the ST2 model, which has jumped up to the $7000 mark as well.
http://www.electricbikesla.com

Here is my bike. I am 6' 2" and weigh 215 pounds.
With the bike rack bag loaded and a 70 ounce Camelbak attached to me, I rode 32.8 miles averaging 18.1 mph with about 900 feet of climbing and head winds about 30% of the time (mostly west).
Amazingly but I don't believe the computer, the computer said I only used 30% of the battery. I was on level 1 assist the whole time (40% assist).
To try to gauge the accuracy of the computer, I put it on the charger to see how long it would take to fully charge. It took only 2.4 hours to fully charge. Needless to say I was very impressed with the distance the bike is capable of. However, I am not impressed with the accuracy of the computer. I would guess more like 60% usage.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Gorgeous bike-I actually think that this looks better than the Stromer ST2 but I haven't seen this in person.

New to this forum, so my post is 18 mos. too late!

I have the white step-through Nitro, and think it looks much better than the alternative. It always gets compliments. I added black fenders, a Topeak rack, and crazy bright lights and an AirZound.

Then, the EBike shop got a used Stromer Sport in, and I bought it, and immediately noticed that, although made in the same factory, it was more refined. The front shocks put the Nitro to shame, and it was quieter. However, the battery had some strange charge/discharge issues, and while it was back at the store, a Stromer ST2S came in. So, traded the Sport in, and overall I am impressed. It does not have suspension however, and the mild suspension on the Nitro makes for a better ride. Also, the Nitro is far better at climbing steep hills, no matter how I adjust the Speed, Torque, and Agility on the ST2S. But, the ST2S is stealth quiet, the electronic shifting is amazing, and if you are into tech, this is the bike for you.

Got the carbon handlebar, upscale GP5 Ergons, and a Body Float. I am hoping that these will tame the ride a bit, and help with what I consider a too aggressive riding position. Using a helmet mounted mirror, it works on the Nitro, but the ST2S had you bent too far forward to use it.

Although I should sell the Nitro, the prices have dropped so low that I might as well hang onto it.

Welcome. I am very surprised the Nitro climbs better than the ST2, very. That top speed of 28mph is nice huh? The biggest difference is cost. Those ST2's are really expensive.
these days I ride a Felt Nine-E20 with a dongle. Could not be happier.

The Nitro has 4 levels of assist, and using #2 will climb as well as the ST2S, and #3 will outperform it. That is with staying on the larger front sprocket.
The Nitro's mild suspension will outperform the ST2S when the riding gets rough, but the rest of the time there is no difference. The ST2S has a feeling of total control.
Also, you won't realize how noisy the Nitro, and others are, until you ride the ST2 or ST2S. The SYNO Drive is whisper quiet. I have always disabled my electric assist when passing anyone on a bike path; a) don't pass if you can't do it on your own, b) never EVER draw attention to your electric assist. But, the ST2S is so quiet that I don't worry about that.
Both bikes will do 28mph, but you are really working the Nitro, and not as confident as with the ST2S...it is totally in its element.
Yes, it should be named the $T2much$, but, shop around...I am very happy with the deal I got in Madison.
The Felt Nine-E20 looks similar to my Haibike SDURO All Mountain 27.5. Mid drives are amazing. I can get 60 miles from the 396Wh battery.

If cost was no issue, on the street I would opt for the ST2 as well (amazing range). In my opinion, the best bike by far for the money is the Felt Nine-E20($2900). Only weighs 39 pounds, and the components are extremely good ($700 fork, $600 wheel set). If I remove the battery, this bike rides like a regular non motorized hard tail. I have beat this thing to hell going down some of the most boulder ridden trails imaginable. Handles amazing. Great on the street with a dongle (32mph). I have ridden up Mt. Lemon on the Nitro and it did well-although it did overheat one time (10 minute rest). As far as climbing, needless to say the Bosch mid-drive system tears up any direct drive motor. Glad you are happy with your awesome bike. I agree with you, you are better off keeping the Nitro than selling it. Used electric bikes are difficult to sell at a decent price.

39 pounds is truly amazing.
I forgot to mention the Supernova M99 Pro (48v) on the St2S, amazing. You have to ride it in the dark to really appreciate it. It is the first time I have been able to "flash" cars in the daytime, and actually get their attention! I hope more bikes will offer this, even if as an option...very safe.

Back