Newbie looking for an Ebike

Now you've got me thinking how cool it would be to have a folding bike!

It is cool to have a light weight bike that fits in the car, but in my opinion, the Rad Mini is not in that category. These folding 20" electric fat bikes are quite large. I have one made by Ecotic, plus two normal 20" folders where I added motors. The lighter ones are more fun on pavement.

Attachments

• color2.jpg
    color2.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 357
It is cool to have a light weight bike that fits in the car, but in my opinion, the Rad Mini is not in that category. These folding 20" electric fat bikes are quite large. I have one made by Ecotic, plus two normal 20" folders where I added motors. The lighter ones are more fun on pavement.
Ha , i recognize your folder from the The Ecotric owners forum!

Me neither.

This looks pretty cool for $969. It is a 500w with 48v so it's the smaller hub, which is likely fine for this size bike.
There are a number of these small folders around - a local ebike shop had them, and I never paid much attention cuz they seemed like kid's bikes or what I consider a 'temporary' or 'non-serious' bike - like folded up in your RV 'till you want to use it. But I think some of these are worth looking at if you just want a cruiser type fun-bike, not a serious mile-maker. I don't like the tall bar stem, but I have also heard people prefer a regular height saddle rather than the low mini-bike/scooter type like the Rad or Juice, simply for comfort if you're going to do any pedaling.

I did test ride a 26" fat-tire and thought the handling was slow and cumbersome, but surely comfortable. I still much prefer a tire width in the 2.3" size or less. For any serious miles then under 2". Handling is more crisp and less drag. This little one has the 4" tires but IIRC there's a 3" version as well on some of these types as well. Just something to consider if you're actually going to buy one. Trying them out is the best information!

2-0_1024x1024.jpg

Have you got one too? Seems like a lot of happy owners over there having fun with the low cost Ecotrics. I see a a few complaints.
i actually dont own one yet but i am a fan of several of their bikes, im considering a Tornado with my tax return! i currently have a Biktrix HD and Ariel Rider W-class 750

Back