Newbie,Hi Guys

I just got my hub back from Bennoit, this is what I got. View attachment 19243 View attachment 19243I have a post asking if anyone else has gotten the 500 watt hubs? And are they going to return and get The proper hub!
The cable end is octagon shaped.
So Benoit did confirm you that was a 750watts motor?
Maybe @Jim Carroll you should look at the controller just to be sure! Then again you could just try your bike and if you can go on flat surface over 40km/h on full assist you may have a 750W mine will max at 37km/h.

Interesting, so how is the ride? Post up were waiting to hear of that big smile!
I am still waiting on the power cable to show up ( Intensionaly left out, Bennoit thought I didn't ship mine! ) I may just go ahead and order/ wire in a watt meter from Luna. Would be useful to monitor my power output. Heaven forbid it's not putting out 750 watts!
It will be March before I get back to VA with the wife's Rad rover, although she did say she might bring it to Florida for a visit.
FYI, 2 203mm rotors, ( stock are 160mm ) Kevlar pads, new mounting adaptors for the calipers. $100

Hi Dan,my maiden voyage will take place tomorrow the weather has been atrocious and today i ended up dealing with family issues.
I greatly appreciate the photos from everyone.Dan did you recieve the same hub refurbished or is the hub you recieved a totally different hub????
Stoker I will give the 40km/hr thing a try tomorrow.thank you for your help.
The receipt shows I ordered a 750 watt bike.When the bike arrived I looked the box over quite thorough to see if there was any designation for motor size and could not find any.
The only thing I could find was the motor number which appears to be a seriel number of sorts.
I tried emailing Benoit but it was after buisness hours hopefully I will hear from him tomorrow.
If not i will phone him.The fact that the number on my hub is so close to Dan's makes me feel a little better.
I would be shocked if he sent the bike out with the wrong motor after having to deal with the same problem before.

Hi Dan,my maiden voyage will take place tomorrow the weather has been atrocious and today i ended up dealing with family issues.
I greatly appreciate the photos from everyone.Dan did you recieve the same hub refurbished or is the hub you recieved a totally different hub????
Stoker I will give the 40km/hr thing a try tomorrow.thank you for your help.
The receipt shows I ordered a 750 watt bike.When the bike arrived I looked the box over quite thorough to see if there was any designation for motor size and could not find any.
The only thing I could find was the motor number which appears to be a seriel number of sorts.
I tried emailing Benoit but it was after buisness hours hopefully I will hear from him tomorrow.
If not i will phone him.The fact that the number on my hub is so close to Dan's makes me feel a little better.
I would be shocked if he sent the bike out with the wrong motor after having to deal with the same problem before.
I am hoping it's missing the v750watt designation due to who bought/ordered the motor. mine does have the octagon shaped connector. Like the one listed on Amazon.
I have a feeling Bennoit stripped these units off the working bikes ment to ship to the USA. That being said, used units on Canadian bikes? Ewww. Am I the only one to trade?
I had pictures of my old hub, contoller. But phone died/replaced thought they backed up and didn't.
So now I am wondering??? I only have one hill/bridge to climb here so we will see

Dan was there much of an issue getting to the controller.
I think that would be the best way to find out for certain.
Benoit sells the controllers in the accessories dept on his website.
It is designated on the controller what the power rating is 500 watt or 750 watt.

https://www.teofatbike.com/en/product/sine-wave-750w-controller/

https://www.teofatbike.com/en/product/controleur-sine-wave-750w-copy/
Yeah I can find nothing deffinative that states this is a 750 watt set up?
20171203_011414.jpg

Attachments

• 20171204_050603.jpg
    20171204_050603.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 948
Dan,after looking at the controller pics I posted they appear to be the same pic only the power rating has been photshopped or changed.
I will check Ali Express to see if I can find a pic of the controller you posted.
It would be nice if Benoit would chime in and set us straight.

Just received an email from Benoit reassurring me that the motor number is a 750 motor.
Chances are where our motor numbers are only a few digits off we both should be good.

Last edited:
Was getting ready to take off on a 10 mile journey and i notice that my display will not go into Basic Parameter settings.
It appears everything else is working properly up/down and power buttons are all working just up down combo will not alow me into the settings.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you
According to the manual it says to check "Teo C965 manual"
Which i did but there was no reference to Teo.I did find 3 or 4 pdf manuals for the same display and a Youtube vid.
They all claimed to use the +/- at the same time to enter into settings with the code 0512.

Well i finally got my maiden voyage in.I haven't been on a bike or a motorcycle in forever it seems.
I made it through the day without damage to myself or the bike.I had a few hicups but nothing major.
An annoying rattle on the front fender because of loose screws.I also forgot to tighten the screw that holds the seat level.
Half of the trip,before I realized the seat shifting on me and pinching my nether regions.Fortunately I had taken the tool kit with me.
Even when I got the seat secure I realized that a new seat purchase would be comming in the near future.
You probably read the above issue i had with my display and getting into the settings.Problem is solved so tomorrow I will be able to see what it can do speed wise.
Today I it got up to about 32km mybe a smidgen more.It is exactly where the speed was set in the settings.
It also appears i need to tweak my front brakes a tad to get it alighned better,the caliper appears to be rubbing a bit.
Most definately looking forward to tomorrows ride.
I know my doctor,dietician,vascular surgeon,and my cardiac surgeon will be thrilled I was able to complete my ride without any issues with my legs acting up.
Which was the main reason for my purchase is being able to exercise having very limited mobiliy in my legs from artery desease.
Who knew it would be so much fun exercising.I had more fun today than a midget at mini skirt convention.
Thank you all for the great input!

Back