Newbie,Hi Guys

Jim Carroll

I have been hanging around in the back ground trying to figure out which bike would suite me best.I have bounced around thinking I knew what I wanted and I have finally pulled the trigger on a 18" limited 750 red Teo bike today.I feel like I may be rolling the dice with this purchase with some of the problems others have experienced.I would think the problem of being sent the wrong bike with the wrong controller would be a problem they would not want to repeat.In my opinion it is worth the crap shoot.The Teo seems to really have the compitition beat on paper.I am still have doubts if I ordered the right frame size,I am only 60 and have already shrunk to 5'9".Go Figure.I did ask about who he would be shipping with and did I need to worry about any extra tax or hadling charge on my end when it was delivered.He reassured me I did not and the company he is using for shipping is DHL.I explained to him that I lived in Northern California and he claimed delivery time would be 3 days.I must say I did struggle more than I should have on which color to buy.I do hope the Red is Red without the orange tint.Some people seem to think the red bikes are faster I hope they are right.One thing i did not ask was wether it would be a 2017 0r a 2018 with the square wave controller.I have no clue which would be the best.I did read in another thread where the owner mentioned a bypass for the throttle to be instantanious when activated.Has anyone tried this Mod yet and if so what were your results????
Take Care I will keep you informed of my outcome.

Welcome abord! I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. Like you said I don't think Benoit want those same mistake to happen again, but those also happen when his shipment was delay and he may have rush the delivery once he received his new stock, but I do believe all the bikes are in his warehouse now. I know my red is definitely red! I am not sure about the sizing, but I am 5'8" and I have a medium which fit me perfect and I have plenty of room on the saddle post.
One word of advise I can give you is during your assembly, make sure to use locktite on all the screws, even the one already installed, specially the rear fender middle screw its a very bad one and not easy to get at. If you want to be sure you got a 750Watt motor, before assembly look at the serial number on the rear hub and it should have the 750 at the end of it, if it is it should be safe to say the controller must be it too.
Anyway main thing to remember is enjoy the new ride and share some of your experience!!!
Also if you do Facebook, there is a Facebook page for Teo owner that was created.
Cheers

Thanks Stoker,Well after much deliberation I decided I should go with the smaller frame.I contacted Benoit and he informed me it was too late to change my order.c'est la vie I guess.
With the Radrover universal frame being 18" and Voltbike universal one size frame being 19".I am sure the 18" will work out for me.
There may have been a comunication gap on the delivery though.I recieved a message from DSL that my bike would arrive on Fri the 24th the day after Tanksgiving.I wonder if they really deliver on that day.Perhaps Benoit
meant that the bike would be shipped within three day not delivered in three days.Anyways greatly anticipating delivery.One thing you mentioned was the hub may be the secret to tell if I recieved the 750 watt controller or not.
I hasve heard that the motor may be the same on the 500 watt bike as is the 750 watt bike.I may have to see if I can get hold of Dan Edwards on this subject he would probably know better that anyone.Living in Canada did you buy the
500 watter????I have one more quick question before I go, when you locktited the screws on you bike what strenght locktite did you use?????
Thank you for the heads up on the Facebook page.I joined the group but I left my comment under the wrong thread,I deleted it and tried again but apparetly it has locked me out for now.
Take Care

Yes, I do have the 500 Watts motor and controller, but I did asked for a 500W since I mainly use it to commute to work and I did want any issue by being outlaw...
But I didn't notice or knew how they were making the difference, since you will also notice the instructions are very vague. But it is all good with me, now that things are getting more clear, and I find it fast enough for me.
The locktite I use was the blue one, I believe the red its the highest rated. But I find that depending on your usage, the bike will need attention to proper maintenance, like the derailleur adjustment, brake lever and cleaning of the chain. But it is all things pretty simple to do yourself.
I hope you don't run through the same issue I have, I think I got a black cloud over my head since I got 5 flats this season. What I noticed is the tires are much bigger so more surface contact to the ground and it is also heavier. I use to commute on a busy street with lots of truck travelling that way, which cause the shoulder (bike lane) very dirty, I have pick up in my tire things like roofing nails, construction screws and staples!! Now I have change my route to a much quite commute, a little longer but much cleaner...
Cheers

Hello, I initially asked Bennoit for the 750 watt model. That I did not get.
Sizing, the large is , large, I'm looking into getting some handle bars likes the Rad rover has. The crank center to ground is higher than the Rad. I habe pictures posted of my Two through the forum.
Shipping was excellent! Got mine in 36 hours to VA
I have shipped my hub back to Teo. We will see what happens.

PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED!!!
I am very concerned about the frame size I ordered.I thought if it turned out to be too large I would sell it and take my losses and order the appropriate size.
After much deliberation I decided I would be better off just declining shipment and bite the bullet in shipping charges to have it returned and a medium sized frame sent out.I tried measuring my inseam with a book and barefoot and it
appears that I have a 30-31" inseam despite my levi's that have a 32" inseam.Please any input would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED!!!
I am very concerned about the frame size I ordered.I thought if it turned out to be too large I would sell it and take my losses and order the appropriate size.
After much deliberation I decided I would be better off just declining shipment and bite the bullet in shipping charges to have it returned and a medium sized frame sent out.I tried measuring my inseam with a book and barefoot and it
appears that I have a 30-31" inseam despite my levi's that have a 32" inseam.Please any input would be greatly appreciated.
I wear 42 × 30 jeans. For me the problem is the distance and elevation of the handlebars. ( hand falls asleep) My seat height is up their a bit. If you can zoom in I added a 3" stem riser, I was told do not! Flip the stem riser around it will effect handling negatively.
20170827_171802.jpg
( added the flashlight holder in the spacer, keeps it low and out of eyes) I did tackle some loose beach sand and my center of gravity is higher.
I have taken this bike to is limits, pulling my daughter behind, crossing the creek of water behind me in the picture, then the beach with salty water waves, yes washed bike soon as I left the area. Peddled downhill to 33mph only to Stop at the bottom, smelling the brakes ( 200mm rotor upgrade next ) notice I did get rid of the cheesy compass bell and got a rock bros. Brass bell.
I'll be making a post with my pics and vids of my rides soon.

Dan thank you for your quick response.My main concern about the frame size is whether or not my boys will have enough clearence over the bar.
I do understand your delima isn't so much the height but the added distance to get confortable with the handle bars.Do you think the smaller frame would eliviate that problem.
My arms are not exceptionally long either I think my bow was set up for a 28 1/2 inch draw.Which relates to short arms for my height.I do need to decide very soon whether or not to keep the Large frame or
take care of buisness of getting into a smaller frame now and bit the bullet on the shipping charges.I have read most of your post and it sounds like you got jerked around fairly good.I hope things are progressing favorably for you.
I would have gone with a different company if the specs on this bike were not so good.That is a great picture you have taken was that done with just your phone?

Well i have calmed down and trying not to over think things.
Life is good everything looks like it is on schedule for a Friday delivery.
I purchased my bike on 17th and there is a $200 dollar off sale today.
In Canada is there any protection for things like this as there are in the US.

I am back to give you the latest progress on my bike purchase.
My bike arrived yesterday evening.No duty,inport tax,or transfer fees were applied when it arrived.
I purchased the bike on 11/15 it was delivered to my door step 11/27.
That was from Montreal to the US through customs from eat coast to west coast and up the state to northern Calif.
I was quite pleased with the shipping and time frame considering it was also over Thanksgiving, I would believe if it
was't for the holiday it would have arrived a few days earlier.I was prepared for the delivery with camera in hand.
It made its 3,000 mile journey, unscathed.The only issue I found was the rear axle had punchured the box slightly but no harm was done.
I was concerned about the color being right.It most definately could be considered an orangey red.
I went with the red because I thought the color popped and this color pops.Excellent paint job,I am very happy with the color.
Actually if you look at the color advertised on the web site it extremely close.
One thing i had posted above was the fact that my bike went on sale a few days after my purchase and was curious if i would recieve a refund.
I wasn't holding my breath, thinking it was my own fault anyway knowing that blackfriday was just a few days away when i made my purchase.
I asked Benoi about this and I recieved a reply a couple days later informing me that he would refund to $200 to my accout.I was pleasantly surprised!
I am thrilled with my purchase and the service I have recieved from Benoi and Teo Bikes.
I have a lot on my plate at the present time.Hopefully weather permitting I will get my maiden voyage in within the next couple of days.
I will give an update after my maiden voyage.
Skoal

Great! I'm sure you will be more than enthused with your ride.
Several of us have posted different mods we have added to our bikes. Bottle holder would be the first, unless Bennoit added the bosses.
Enjoy and post up some CA pics.
What area of CA?

Dan,I live in a small rural resort community in Lakehead,Ca with a whopping population of around 500 in the off season.
It is a very nice area, fun in the sun but is EXTREMELY hot durning the summer months.I will try to get you some picks before to long.
America94 thank you for your offer, I seemed to have gotten everything squared away on my facebook account, I am posting fine now.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to Ebikes as well. I am trying to evaluating the voltbike yukon 750 vs Teo bike, from an esthetic point of view, why is the rear rack that comes from the factory slanted vs being level or as level as could be? I could see why, but one would think if a after market rack could mounted level/adjustable the OEM rack should be as well? thxs. LB

You are correct - the rear rack does slant to the rear - it's designed that way to avoid water collecting in the tubes.

:p Nah, just messing with you.:p

No idea why, bad design I guess. On the other hand, if you use a rear tail bag, like I do, it's not so apparent anymore.

It's only rated for 15 kg or 33 lbs. You can take it off and install a 3rd party rack which will be more level, these are most often rated 25 kg or 55 lbs.

It was not a deal breaker for me, there are more positives than negatives, in my humble opinion.

Hi Denis, thank you very much for your quick response!

I am glad to hear that your happy w/your purchase, are you Canadian or US based?

Their web site needs some work… I am trying to figure out if I can purchase the large frame in red w/750W motor shipped to NJ/USAJ

Btw, how do you insert your name under the avatar or picture, I couldn’t figure it in the profile to save my life…lol?

Thank you Sir.

Stoker if you are out there please help.The rear hub does not have 750 watt stamped on it!!!!
It has BF RMC06 48V (7) and below it has the number 26-1706267939-6.
Did I get a 500 watt motor instead of the 750 watt like I ordered!!!!!!
This is the motor mine does not have the 750 stamped on it like in the pictures.

https://www.amazon.com/Bafang-Brush...F8&qid=1512250732&sr=8-8&keywords=bafang+750w
I just got my hub back from Bennoit, this is what I got. 20171203_011414.jpg
20171203_011414.jpg
I have a post asking if anyone else has gotten the 500 watt hubs? And are they going to return and get The proper hub!
The cable end is octagon shaped.

Dan,I live in a small rural resort community in Lakehead,Ca with a whopping population of around 500 in the off season.
It is a very nice area, fun in the sun but is EXTREMELY hot durning the summer months.I will try to get you some picks before to long.
America94 thank you for your offer, I seemed to have gotten everything squared away on my facebook account, I am posting fine now.
Cool My wife's family is from the area, Holbrook, Reading, Susanville.
You know their are studded fat tires out their for winter riding.

14A9A1FA-8306-4DCB-962E-DC64959DC60B.jpeg
Stoker if you are out there please help.The rear hub does not have 750 watt stamped on it!!!!
It has BF RMC06 48V (7) and below it has the number 26-1706267939-6.
Did I get a 500 watt motor instead of the 750 watt like I ordered!!!!!!
This is the motor mine does not have the 750 stamped on it like in the pictures.

https://www.amazon.com/Bafang-Brush...F8&qid=1512250732&sr=8-8&keywords=bafang+750w
My is the same, I attached a picture.
From what I saw from others after the 48V there will a 750W for those with a 750 watts motors but nothing if you have a 500 watts motor.
I am sorry to tell you that but you may want to inquire about that with Benoit!

Back