New

I have a wish list, but try not to get my hopes up too high. They're supposed to announce whatever it is on the 22nd.

Cast aluminum mag wheel options for 20" wheel ebikes? I would like that.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the RadRex -

Big 195/65 R15 radial belted tires for superior flat prevention
Hydraulic brakes with automotive sized calipers and rotors for excellent braking capabilities
A 1.8 Jigawatt flux capacitor power supply
Front and rear shocks
A gear-driven direct drive motor with Dino-mode that puts the Tesla Beast mode to shame
Forward facing gimbal mounted dual 50mm non-lethal projectile launchers to remove slower traffic ahead
Optional tow package to haul a 5th wheel trailer up a mountain AND tow a couple of jet ski’s
Built-in OnStar in the event you hit someone and THEY need assistance
The usual cup holder, cell phone holder and front basket for groceries or a cute puppy

Feel free to add to this dream list!

RangerDave

So the new bike is called The RAD Mission, price is 999, AND, it's got a 500w geared hub motor. They're finally seeing the (very dim) light on those direct drive motors.....

So the new bike is called The RAD Mission, price is 999, AND, it's got a 500w geared hub motor. They're finally seeing the (very dim) light on those direct drive motors.....

I guess I’m gonna wait till they put the bigger battery on,seven speed Suspension forks, and call it the mission plus

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the RadRex -

Big 195/65 R15 radial belted tires for superior flat prevention
Hydraulic brakes with automotive sized calipers and rotors for excellent braking capabilities
A 1.8 Jigawatt flux capacitor power supply
Front and rear shocks
A gear-driven direct drive motor with Dino-mode that puts the Tesla Beast mode to shame
Forward facing gimbal mounted dual 50mm non-lethal projectile launchers to remove slower traffic ahead
Optional tow package to haul a 5th wheel trailer up a mountain AND tow a couple of jet ski’s
Built-in OnStar in the event you hit someone and THEY need assistance
The usual cup holder, cell phone holder and front basket for groceries or a cute puppy

Feel free to add to this dream list!

RangerDave
Oh well @RangerDave,

Looks like Rad went in the other direction!

Maybe a Fall release for your dream bike! ;)

So the new bike is called The RAD Mission, price is 999, AND, it's got a 500w geared hub motor.

Single speed, no cassette. Typo (I hope) on the product page, the battery is described as a 48v 10.5Ah for 504 Wh, not the 672 Wh claimed. Nice and light at 48 lb, but does that really let you claim the same max range as the 672 Wh bikes that are ~22 lb heavier?

Looks interesting for commuters. In LA you can’t put a fat tire bike on a bus rack. Security on the bus racks is not great. That looks like a great bike for putting on the front of a bus. I think it’s possibly useful for mixed mode commuting. I could see getting one to take on busses and trains and explore the city.

Looks interesting for commuters. In LA you can’t put a fat tire bike on a bus rack. Security on the bus racks is not great. That looks like a great bike for putting on the front of a bus. I think it’s possibly useful for mixed mode commuting. I could see getting one to take on busses and trains and explore the city.

Fat tires? I'm seeing that they're 27.5 x 1.95". Those should fit in about any rack, no?

Agreed though, that it should make a great around town/campus commuter.

Looks like an all out attempt at keeping it as light as possible, AND controlling the price point while they're at it. Note the bike does not come with a side stand for instance....

Nice thing about a stripped down bike like this, is it's cheap enough to afford to option it out to have the bike YOUR way. I think they're going to hit a home run with it. They'll be in short supply for quite some time will be my bet......

Back