New Wattwagon Website is Live

A couple more questions on the Hydra.
I read the downtube battery is a standard one, if so do we know what brand and model. I am interested in finding a few of its characteristics (below)
  • Cells used
  • BMS Sustained and Peak Amps
  • Dimensions
Are there any basic security system on the bike other than the GPS system to prevent anyone from starting the bike like
  • Physical Key
  • Wireless Key
  • Passcode (current display, Future display)..

A couple more questions on the Hydra.
I read the downtube battery is a standard one, if so do we know what brand and model. I am interested in finding a few of its characteristics (below)
  • Cells used
  • BMS Sustained and Peak Amps
  • Dimensions
Are there any basic security system on the bike other than the GPS system to prevent anyone from starting the bike like
  • Physical Key
  • Wireless Key
  • Passcode (current display, Future display)..
The website has the following information on the battery:

WATT WAGONS INTERNAL BATTERY 52V 17AH BATTERY​

An incredible battery pack that fits inside the new Hydra and Helios frames.

Battery specifications

1. 880 watt hours, 45amp continuous BMS
  2. Samsung 35E 52v 17ah 14s6p
  3. 14 lbs, 14.5" x 5.5" x 5"
  4. Charging to 7A
  5. Anderson connectors for discharge
  6. Battery pack balances at 90% SOC
The Internal battery pack will support the following Archon X1 controllers for the Bafang Ultra
  1. 750W nominal (25A continuous)
  2. 1000W nominal (30A continuous)
  3. 2300W Nominal / 3000W peak (45A continuous /55 A Peak)

Thanks, I had completely missed that...

One thing I am confused about.
According to Samsung 35E cells datasheet below, these are 3.5ah (3.35ah minimum), so a 6p pack of these should be more than 17ah
Actually if you go by the cells specs (3.6V nominal and 3.5ah with a min of 3.35ah) a 14s 6p would be either:
50.4V x 21ah = 1,058Wh
or 50.4V x 20.1ah = 1,013Wh

Not a huge deal, but I am wondering what is the logic behind the 52V 17ah number. May the the 90% SOC?

Note: Cell specs states Standard charge @10A (6x1.7) and cycle life charge @6.12A (6x1.02)

Size wise, is the frame actually over 5 inch wide?

Last edited:
Just checked out the website it looks different from before thats for sure. I didn't see the Travelanche aka (Exess-180) are you not carrying these frames anymore? Are you going to offer just the Frame option only for your own brand?

Just checked out the website it looks different from before thats for sure. I didn't see the Travelanche aka (Exess-180) are you not carrying these frames anymore? Are you going to offer just the Frame option only for your own brand?
The new Full suspension is the Hydra and it replaces the Travalanche, you can buy the bike with many configuration option at https://wattwagons.com/products/hydra
or you can buy the frameset with also many options at https://wattwagons.com/products/hydra-frameset

The bike is way better than the Travalanche / Exess-180 :)

GPS is BYOD at the moment. The frame can take anything from 70mmx35mmx30mm. We have tested with most common 2G and 4G gps tracker otions you can find on Amazon / Alibaba.

We are working to bring a WW version of the GPS service as well but that's not quite ready yet.
Is there a harness connector available for the device power inside the frame, or would it require surgery?
Do you have a short list of device you liked?

Seem my posts here. I picked up a relatively inexpensive 4G tracker hardwired to my battery via charging port with free tracking (freedom pop SIM cost me $10 for life):

I haven't seen many other good options for 4G trackers. Most GPS trackers I looked at were a total rip off ($20+ / month monitoring), not secured in the frame, required separate battery, 2G/3G only, no thanks!

Scrambler Im guessing as far as the battery specs are concerned maybe its a 14s x 5p instead of 6 and they just rounded up, a lot of battery makers do this. Since the WW website seems to only be carrying the new WW frame I wonder where that would leave me as far as any warranty issues are concerned on my bike. Pushkar might of just referred me to Germany anyway seeing as he was kinda just the middleman. Hopefully I never have any issue with the frame.
The new WW frame says it's compatible with the SA 3 spd. I know the SA 3 spd ( SX-RK3) thats on my hardtail has a thru axle and needs open dropouts to bolt up to, didn't know they made a 148mm rear 3pd hub with a removable axle to facilitate taking tire on and off. Also it looks like that the frame supports a battery that mounts on the bottom side of the downtube so retrofitting a larger battery might be an issue. Longer travel fork will buy you some real estate but then the battery is hanging and it doesn't look like any room to expand battery inside main triangle. That is a definite benefit to my frame as I have a 34.5a hr battery mounted inside even though " the WW bike is way better than the Travalanche / Exess-180 :). I guess that might depend on what options they are built with and also the old standby Cost. Im not bashing in the least just giving my opinion on a few things I know a bit about.

When I built the bike I did have to clean out the headset races as they were not uniform and smooth before I installed my treadless headset and secured everything. Even and the rear brake mounting post was not true and would misalign my caliper when tightened down and cause my brake to rub, getting rotor hot etc. So I had to do a mod on that and now it works fine. I didn't have these issues when I built up my hardtail bike. That one was a steel Surly Wednesday frame and was good to go.

Last edited:
Listing a 14s-5p as a 14s-6p would be insane, so hopefully not the issue.
I did not mean to demean the Exess-180, it is a terrific bike. As you say most is about the available options and the look which is a personal thing :)
As far as support for the Exess, Pushkar so far looks like a standup guy, so I would assume he will support you.

Regarding extended battery in the Hydra, I have been doing some mockup, and it may actually be possible to double the Current capacity in a nice looking package. I will need to confirm more of the downtube and frame dimension to be sure or try other configurations.

Below is what a secondary battery above the Downtube could look like

Hydra second battery-1.jpg

Hydra second battery-2.jpg

You have a fantastic bike, don't dwell on the new kid on the block, enjoy what you have got :)

Listing a 14s-5p as a 14s-6p would be insane, so hopefully not the issue.
I did not mean to demean the Exess-180, it is a terrific bike. As you say most is about the available options and the look which is a personal thing :)
As far as support for the Exess, Pushkar so far looks like a standup guy, so I would assume he will support you.

Regarding extended battery in the Hydra, I have been doing some mockup, and it may actually be possible to double the Current capacity in a nice looking package. I will need to confirm more of the downtube and frame dimension to be sure or try other configurations.

Below is what a secondary battery above the Downtube could look like

View attachment 71976

View attachment 71977

You have a fantastic bike, don't dwell on the new kid on the block, enjoy what you have got :)
Oh man...that's your 5000W system there. Swap the pedals for pegs and it's a potential Sur-Ron killer at ~40 lbs lighter.

No sour grapes here all good.
But doin the math for 5 x 3.5 = 17.5. As far as batteries go why use the Samsung 35E? Spot welding the Pos. tops on those batteries is a pain as they are a bit recessed down making for more tension ( pulling away force ) on the nickel material resting on the Neg portion. I have been using the Sanyo GA's rated at 3.45ah and 10a discharge and I think the 35E has an 8a discharge and I think they are the same price point, minor issue but the Pos cap on the Sanyo's are raised up making for a better connection IMO. And that is even after sticking on terminal insulators to help keep separation.
I like the separate battery on the inside of the triangle but as you probably know having 2 separate batteries and using them concurrently poses its own problems as well as charging.
You could mod the frame easily enough for the hook-up I guess but there is not much room above the motor for any additional wiring but not knowing this particular frame maybe there is additional space or void that would be great.

Nice looking frame I wonder what length travel the front fork is rated for or the rear shock, anyone know?

Last edited:
1. Pricing is it moving forward.
2. Yes we can do Paypal - if you send me a screenshot of your cart / order total, I can send you the invoice from our Paypal WW account.

1. Pricing is it moving forward.
2. Yes we can do Paypal - if you send me a screenshot of your cart / order total, I can send you the invoice from our Paypal WW account.
Thank You Sir! You won me as a customer. I’ll be placing an order for a Hydra in the next few days.
Now does anyone want to buy a gently used 2017 Turbo Levo : )

Thank You Sir! You won me as a customer. I’ll be placing an order for a Hydra in the next few days.
Now does anyone want to buy a gently used 2017 Turbo Levo : )
Hang to that Turbo Levo and do a side-by-side review like this one with the Luna X1.

Actually...If you are anywhere near Southern CA I'd be happy to come out and do that with you!

Hang to that Turbo Levo and do a side-by-side review like this one with the Luna X1.

Actually...If you are anywhere near Southern CA I'd be happy to come out and do that with you!
Would be cool to see but a bit unfair with the Hydra having 3000 watts and the Levo only 250 watts.

Back