New Vado 4 owner

JD67

Hi all. I just purchased and road home a 2020 Vado 4. I have been looking for an e-bike for a while and have spent a lot of time doing my research with much of it here. Originally this was out of my price range but with the sale and rebate it was in the same price range of the Giant bike I was thinking about. I want to support a local shop and my Specialized dealer is juts 8 miles away by the trails we have here so a very pleasant ride home. Here in Florida it is relative flat but the trail has a few hill and in eco mode I had no problems with the hills. Can't wait to do a lot more riding as we have a number of trails I can enjoy along the Tampa Bay area.

A little about me. As a kid my main means of transport was an one speed schwinn. Later on I was an avid mountain bikers out in California but that was years ago. I have had knee issues for years. I am now 67 and had my right knee replaced four months ago and want to get back into biking. Figured I needed some assistance with pedaling as I want to extend my range. This bike has made that possible.

Welcome and great choice. My Vado 4.0 just shipped to my LBS yesterday from Specialized (my local shop didn't have my frame size in stock). Such an incredible price for this bike with the sale and double-the-discount rebate. Enjoy - I know that you will.

Hi all. I just purchased and road home a 2020 Vado 4. I have been looking for an e-bike for a while and have spent a lot of time doing my research with much of it here. Originally this was out of my price range but with the sale and rebate it was in the same price range of the Giant bike I was thinking about. I want to support a local shop and my Specialized dealer is juts 8 miles away by the trails we have here so a very pleasant ride home. Here in Florida it is relative flat but the trail has a few hill and in eco mode I had no problems with the hills. Can't wait to do a lot more riding as we have a number of trails I can enjoy along the Tampa Bay area.

A little about me. As a kid my main means of transport was an one speed schwinn. Later on I was an avid mountain bikers out in California but that was years ago. I have had knee issues for years. I am now 67 and had my right knee replaced four months ago and want to get back into biking. Figured I needed some assistance with pedaling as I want to extend my range. This bike has made that possible.
It's been 3+ years since my knee replacement, which I also had when I was 67. Cycling really helped with the recovery. I think you'll really enjoy your Vado. I know your knee will thank you!

Great purchase, it sounds like a great bike. I have also been thinking about getting the Vado 4.0. I saw that it was on sale on there website too. Would you be able to share how much the rebate is? And what the total price was? I am looking to get one also but it a little over my budget and just wanted to know the final price was. Thanks
And congrats.

First this is a great bike. I have really enjoyed riding it though I have only done 40 miles so far.
I paid just over 3K for the bike but there is a $500+ rebate you will receive as a debit card after your purchase. Hope you this helps.
Compared to other bikes in this price range I find this to have a superior bike for a he price.

The Specialized web site is showing the actual amount of rebate now (it initially just showed "Rebate Available"). Their current program is "Double the Discount", so the bike is currently priced at $3,017.99, or $532.50 off MSRP. Plus sales tax. Once you get your bike you access the additional rebate through the Specialized rebate web page, for a pre-paid CC in the amount of $532.50 (for the Turbo Vado 4.0).

Turbo Vado 4.0 web page:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-vado-4-0/p/170303

Specialized 'Rebate Reward' web page:
https://www.specializedrebates.com/#/home

List of Specialized bikes on their 2020 Spring Sale, and rebate amounts:
https://www.specializedrebates.com/media/uploads/1585179695663.pdf

Thank you for both of your input. So you basically get the 4 as the same price as th3 3. That is very tempting. Do you know how long the sale goes til?

"Details: Specializeds Speed Into Spring 2020 rebate is valid only on purchases made on March 20, 2 020 through April 19, 2020 through selected authorized Specialized Retailers and Specialized Click & Collect. The rebate process must be completed online at www.SpecializedRebates.com from March 20, 2020 through June 19, 2020. All purchases or rebates submitted outside this time period are void. The promotion applies only to select Specialized branded-bicycles. This rebate is redeemable only by legal residents of the fifty (50) States of the United States of America and the District of Columbia and may not be combined with any other offer (including any Team, Group or Pro Deals). Specialized is not responsible for incomplete requests. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure that all information is submitted properly for a valid rebate. Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. reserves the right to rescind or change this offer at any time. Rebate is paid in U.S. dollars. Recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes. Limit five (5) rebates per household. Limit one (1) rebate per valid product serial number. Requests for multiple rebates from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. Only the actual purchaser of the eligible product(s) qualifies for this rebate offer. This is an end consumer rebate and is not valid for dealers. If any of these Terms and Conditions are violated, the promotion will be invalid and the rebate will not apply. Offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Please allow eight (8) weeks after online submission to make any inquiries regarding your rebate. Visa Prepaid Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. No cash access or recurring payments.Can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Card valid for up to 6 months; unused funds will forfeit after the valid thru date. Card terms and conditions apply. "

And who knows - With discretionary spending way down maybe Specialized will extend this sale, or come up with something even better. I can't imagine that expensive bikes and e-bikes are flying out of the warehouse right now.

Even though I thought that due to the economy they would extend the sale, I ordered right on the wire of 4/19 deadline to be safe. I was surprised that they didn't extend past the 19th. It may have something to do with inventory: when my LBS went to place my order, I think that there were fewer than 6 units available in my size (L) from Specialized.

Back