New : Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH Belt Drive

The site says 28lbs. I have not weighed it, but feel that is pretty accurate from installing and removing it a few time.
Wow, that’s really low weight for an ebike car rack. So many weigh as much or more than the ebike.
Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that’s really low weight for an ebike car rack. So many weigh as much or more than the ebike.
Thanks for sharing.
And some of these racks cost almost as much as an ebike!!!!

Some of the problems with the racks is loading them into the hitch receiver when dealing with the awkward unbalanced weight.

And some of these racks cost almost as much as an ebike!!!!

Some of the problems with the racks is loading them into the hitch receiver when dealing with the awkward unbalanced weight.
True. I even lost the Como 5.0 (but caught it on its slip), while lifting it up to the Thule.
The only other option is a much more expensive automated bike rack for e-bikes which is over $1200.

True. I even lost the Como 5.0 (but caught it on its slip), while lifting it up to the Thule.
The only other option is a much more expensive automated bike rack for e-bikes which is over $1200.
Yes, but one commenter noted that the rack, at 63 pounds, is heavier than her bike and she can't lift the rack!!! They replied that you might be able to use the rack's lift mechanism.

Yes, but one commenter noted that the rack, at 63 pounds, is heavier than her bike and she can't lift the rack!!! They replied that you might be able to use the rack's lift mechanism.
True. I'd prefer a time machine to propel me to the future, 20 lb. e-bikes that go 100 miles, and Stefan is my trainer :)

Any idea why they have belt drive for the Vado 3 and the 5 but not the 4? I love my Vado 4 and was looking to move to IGH and belt. The 3 gave up performance and the 5 is heavy and expensive. It also has an automatic shifter which I don't think I want. I ended up with a Gazelle Ultimate 380+.

Any idea why they have belt drive for the Vado 3 and the 5 but not the 4? I love my Vado 4 and was looking to move to IGH and belt. The 3 gave up performance and the 5 is heavy and expensive. It also has an automatic shifter which I don't think I want. I ended up with a Gazelle Ultimate 380+.
Because there is no 4 in IGH. 3 is manual shift and 5 is auto shift. I guess they didn’t think the slight torque bump from the 3 to 4 would sell enough on the IGH.

Because there is no 4 in IGH. 3 is manual shift and 5 is auto shift. I guess they didn’t think the slight torque bump from the 3 to 4 would sell enough on the IGH.
I think it is push people into the more expensive 5 but... They lost me to Gazelle

Take a look at the Thule EasyFold. Very slick with a lot of features. Not cheap, but just reduced to $800 at Etrailer.com and Amazon.

I got the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for my new Vado 5.0 IGH. It seems very solid and secure. It folds up nicely although it is heavy!

I'm currently using the Saris Freedom 2, which is a very compact and lighweight rack that's rated for (2) 60 lb ebikes (for about $300), BUT loading the inside bike is not real easy with the center post design.

Is it easier to remove and replace the rear tire without having to wrestle with the derailleu?

I haven't done it yet but I did watch some videos to be ready. you pop out the shifter cable, take a little tension off the belt and then remove the axle bolt. Installing is the reverse. No wrestling with greasy chain or derailleur.

Back