New to throttle wiring HELP!!!

Blackgolem

I'm old and poor so any and everything I'll be working on will be self applied. Currently I'm trying to work on wiring a simple 7 wire controller that has a f/r switch and pot for speed control. I also have a twist throttle 7 wires with voltage display and forward/reverse switch I can't get right. I know it should be simple. but its cheap. I've added images so if anybody got the straight scoop about this in simple terms I would appreciate some help setting up. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Pictures are nearly useless, no wiring details...
in my experience those multiple functions throttles are issues waiting to happen. YMMV.

Google 7 wire throttle check out images tab.

Attachments

• D736398C-6128-46BE-93C3-F11A943AB1E9.jpeg
    D736398C-6128-46BE-93C3-F11A943AB1E9.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 18,947
Last edited:
Hi @Blackgolem, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a financial pinch right now! I agree with @Thomas Jaszewski when he talks about issues cropping up with more complex DIY throttles and kits. Ebikes tend to vibrate as you ride, and even mainstream purpose-built products can break. Here's an example, I bought one of the first Pedego City Commuter models to ever be released, and I rode it every day to work in Austin. After a couple of months, it rained, and my bike got soaked. It still worked for a while, but then the twist throttle went out. I think it could have been the water, or maybe that I was letting go of the spring loaded twist portion and it would "snap" back into the starting position. Whatever the reason, the throttle died, and I had to get a replacement part and help from the Pedego shop there, Rocket Electrics. I was really thankful to have a shop, and Pedego offered the part for free since it wasn't clear if there was a hardware failure or it was user abuse. I try to take great care of my stuff, but ebikes are exposed to a lot! For those reasons. I try to stick with simple, proven technology, and I also consider the costs of replacement... if it's even possible :)

Back