New To Ebikes, need a bike for daily commuting

LukeM

I have never owned an E bike, but am very interested in owning one as an alternative to a car for getting to work and back.
I'm looking to spend anywhere from £1000 - £1500, as I will be using the bike every day as my personal vehicle.

I will be using the bike to travel 6 miles to and from work each day, for a total of 12 miles per day. The route is mainly along paved roads through the city and public parks, with some uphill sections.
I'm aiming to complete the 6 mile journey in about 30 minutes ( less if possible ) . I'm looking for a mountain bike style frame. It should fit a male between 5'6" and 5'8".
No storage capability is necessary as I carry a backpack, and I can charge the battery every night if needed. Just looking for a reliable, good performance bike to get me to work fast in the morning, whilst requiring little effort on my part and giving a comfortable riding experience.

2 Bikes I have had my eye on that I am ultimately swaying towards at the moment are : "Carrera Crossfire E" and "Carrera Vengeance E" - These are the style bikes I like, and the Crossfire E in particular seems to fit all of my needs at a reasonable price. If anyone has owned either of these bikes and can let me know if they are worth the purchase that would be helpful.

Other than that, any recommendations at all would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

The review of the Crossfire E on the ebiketips UK website mentioned the motor system was updated for this year. HESC is the Suntour ATS system, the old one's were criticized for unreliability on the UK Pedelecs forum, when the system was introduced here on the US market last year I contacted the EBR forum owner and he kindly brought it up with Raleigh Electric in the US who said they were happy with the system, and I believe Raleigh in the UK are using Suntour motors on their budget Array models, so maybe it's more reliable now? If you're handy you might also consider converting a pedal bike with a BBS01 or TSDZ2 motor from Woosh.

Last edited:
The review of the Crossfire E on the ebiketips UK website mentioned the motor system was updated for this year. HESC is the Suntour ATS system, the old one's were criticized for unreliability on the UK Pedelecs forum, when the system was introduced here on the US market last year I contacted the EBR forum owner and he kindly brought it up with Raleigh Electric in the US who said they were happy with the system, and I believe Raleigh in the UK are using Suntour motors on their budget Array models, so maybe it's more reliable now? If you're handy you might also consider converting a pedal bike with a BBS01 or TSDZ2 motor from Woosh.

Thanks, one big concern was the issues people reported with the motor on the crossfire, so if they have updated it then that is definitely good news. Think I'll go down to halford and test one of them see if it suits my needs. Cheers for the reply.

Back