New to e-bikes from San Antonio (area) - I’m hooked!

jmp470

Region
USA
I bought my e-bike on Saturday and I’m Hooked. So is my family. I have 3 kids and they all love it.

I have 2 kids that can fit in the bike seat, so I do about 5 miles with each of them, then my eldest daughter takes it around the neighborhood.

My upgrades include;
shock absorbing seat and handlebars. I did the handlebars versus the front shock.
kids seat
phone holder
cub holder
front light
Large battery

We have put about 50 miles on the bike in 2 days, and I don‘t see us slowing down much.

I decided on the Pedego element because I already own a Trek Fuel dual suspension mountain bike (non-electric) and I didn’t want another mountain bike. I also like the element as my kids can use it, or will grow into it soon.

The worst part of this purchase, is I’m now looking at a Mercedes Benz Sprinter to modify for Bike trips. I’m leaning towards the long wheel base model Or the smaller one in 4x4.

Attachments

• 602834FE-7034-4526-AF9A-8F6CD43DF369.jpeg
    602834FE-7034-4526-AF9A-8F6CD43DF369.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 153
  • 7E1F1BA3-F538-487F-B5D3-80081FD161A0.jpeg
    7E1F1BA3-F538-487F-B5D3-80081FD161A0.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 150
Welcome to the community! Glad to hear you are enjoying your E-Bikes! On a side note, I'd recommend doing some research on the different model years of the Sprinter for their 'Limp Mode' issue. It's an expensive fix if it happens. I love Sprinters, but would hate to see that happen to anyone :)

Hi neighbor! Well, almost. I live out in Marion just east of San Antonio. Love the color green of your ebike. I just purchased a Lectric ebike and it should be delivered to my house in a couple of days. I will be curious if you ride on any bike paths in San Antonio. There are so many beautiful bike paths here. I just don't know if our ebikes are welcomed on these trails. Let me know, will you?

Hi neighbor! Well, almost. I live out in Marion just east of San Antonio. Love the color green of your ebike. I just purchased a Lectric ebike and it should be delivered to my house in a couple of days. I will be curious if you ride on any bike paths in San Antonio. There are so many beautiful bike paths here. I just don't know if our ebikes are welcomed on these trails. Let me know, will you?
Hello, I'm just south of you near La Vernia! I have not taken the bike on the SA trails, I've been riding out here and I'm just shy of 200 miles.

Welcome to the ebike club, hope you will enjoy you your as much as I enjoy mine.

What bike did you buy?

I bought the Lectric XPremium. It should be here in about one more week, they say. The luggage racks/baskets I purchased from the same company should be here today. I am hoping to use my ebike to run errands about 7.5 miles from my home. Just not having to buy that expensive gas will put a big smile on my face. I have back roads that I plan to ride my ebike on. Would like to hit some of those trails when they aren't very busy. I am retired so I can ride anytime I desire. Glad to see your whole family is using your ebike. I just really love that green color of yours. My choices were white or black. The last bikes I have had were all black or charcoal so I went with white. Lectric has a pretty blue color but they didn't put it on their XPremium bikes for some reason. So looking forward to some cooler weather to ride in. Bet you are too. We just took a ride through La Vernia the other day. Not that far from us. And you weren't kidding, I can see you are straight south of us. I am attaching a thumbnail of the bike I bought. It is foldable and fits in my car. Has fat 20" tires.
20220920_101121.jpg

Back