Chris Nolte

I was excited to get an opportunity to spend some more time with the the HSD and we put together a video explaining the details and features of the bike. Stay tuned for more videos on the accessories as well as the rest of the Tern lineup. In the video we discussed all the different versions including the Tern HSD P9, the Tern HSD S8i and the Tern HSD S+

I hope you all enjoy the video!

Nice video and you are making really slick presentations. I would like to see the same with Tern's HSD+. So many questions and not many answers just yet. I guess we will have to wait until next year then but they say these models are going to be available next year. How are you getting them to review?

Nice video and you are making really slick presentations. I would like to see the same with Tern's HSD+. So many questions and not many answers just yet. I guess we will have to wait until next year then but they say these models are going to be available next year. How are you getting them to review?
Thanks! We’re working really hard on them so I’m very pleased that they have been received well. it’s been a significant investment, but I think they are pretty valuable and I hope they help people understand these bikes better.

I’m pretty friendly with the Tern folks so I got to borrow the bikes briefly for the review. They also happen to be very close to our Long Beach store along with many of our other partners, this was part of my strategy in moving to Long Beach. The P9 and S8i should be released in the first quarter and the S+ will be in the second. The S+ will have the newest version of the Enviolo Automatiq and it has a slight improvement over the current version in that the shifter is more powerful and it has an easier time shifting under load. It also has the new Gen 3 Performance Line motor with 65Nm of torque inside the smaller and lighter footprint.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have.

OK I have a question regarding the HS+. I read that it shifts automatically but do you have the option to shift manually. Like a twist of the wrist? I am thinking of the S8i but could be convinced to the HS+ when I find out more about it. I want one in red!!

I was hoping Tern would add a belt to their Vektron line of folders and have you some inside information regarding this. Thanks

No insider info on the Vektron unfortunately. I only make speculations on occasion, but I try to be explicit about when I do that.

The S+ can technically be shifted manually so it works like a 8 speed hub. You actually use the Bosch display controller to control it. There might be a way to retrofit the electronic twist shifter, I’m not so sure though.

Here is a video with more info on the Automatiq:

The S+ will only be available in the gloss metal color in the US. Only the P9 will be available in Red.

Back