New Seat!

Turfherder

Just installed a new seat yesterday and did my 15 mile morning desert ride. So far, it’s the most comfortable seat I’ve tried. I’ve ridden long distance motorcycle ride for years and it take a good saddle to do those. A Russell Day Long Saddle is King of Saddles I believe. When I first saw this bike saddle it reminded me of the Russell, so I had to try it. I wasn’t disappointed. It’s the best saddle to fit my Fat A...
Anyway I just thought I’d share about this. I found it on Amazon.

Have a Great Day,
Alan in the Amargosa Desert

Attachments

• 83D1047E-0D47-4511-9406-A5E92DD2DCE2.jpeg
    83D1047E-0D47-4511-9406-A5E92DD2DCE2.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 7BE503EB-E186-44E0-BE07-5B838FCF1E3C.jpeg
    7BE503EB-E186-44E0-BE07-5B838FCF1E3C.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 5B894A42-950B-4EA2-B0F4-6FA44FD6A58D.jpeg
    5B894A42-950B-4EA2-B0F4-6FA44FD6A58D.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 1,023
Bike seats are a frequent topic here on the forum. It seems the number of opinions is equal to the number of seats on the market. Everyone's rear end is different and what works for some may not for others. In my case, due to circulation problems, I can't use a seat with a horn. I have to stick with the noseless variety which limits my choice considerably.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting your "find" and I'm glad you found one that fits you.

could you post a link to the saddle, or tell us it's name so we can check it out on amazon too?
YLG Oversized Comfort Bike Seat Comfortable Replacement Bike Saddle Memory Foam Soft Bike Saddle Waterproof Universal Fit Bicycle Seat for Women Men

Have a Great Day

Just installed a new seat yesterday and did my 15 mile morning desert ride. So far, it’s the most comfortable seat I’ve tried. I’ve ridden long distance motorcycle ride for years and it take a good saddle to do those. A Russell Day Long Saddle is King of Saddles I believe. When I first saw this bike saddle it reminded me of the Russell, so I had to try it. I wasn’t disappointed. It’s the best saddle to fit my Fat A...

Have a Great Day,
I think I'd wait a bit longer than a 15 mile ride before being so sure that it is the best you've tried.

this kinds of seats seem good till you find they are too much. they just don't work for long rides if your bike fits right. being so upright causes its own issues. you just have to get your sit bones used to a seat it will not be instant love.

I, being 71, am not into long rides on my bicycle. I still do 1000 mile 24 hour rides on my motorcycle though.

Have a great day

Have a Great Day,
That's encouraging. I ordered one a couple of days ago from Amazon. It will be my third seat. I replaced the stock seat on my rad rover with one from Walmart that was much better but this one looks to be even nicer so thought I would give it a try.

Mine arrived the other day and I've done two rides. It is by far the most comfortable bike seat I've ever used. It's the 3rd seat including the one that came with the bike.

I got this seat for my e-trike. Not bad, but after 10 miles my butt still gets sore. Not sure there is a fix for that.

I really appreciate the "hammock-style" saddles like a Brooks or Selle Anatomica. I've had Selle H2 saddles on both my Vado and Vado SL and love the no-break-in-necessary comfort and support I got. A friend of mine has a Brooks saddle that is well worn in (like a baseball mitt) and it is very comfortable and supportive to me as well. Neither presents any issues of saddle sores to either of us.

The principle in both is a thick, flexible leather piece stretched across a metal frame, to flex and conform to each rider's shape, each time the bike is ridden. My H2 is also easily adjustable for tension to make it softer or more firm and to respond to how the leather ages. The Selle has two dimples near the back portion of the saddle that indicate where your sit bones should be on it. It's the firmer, closer to the frame portion of the saddle. The design lets the rest of it conform to your individual riding position. I love it!

Most top Brooks and Selle Anatomica versions are comparatively priced (expensive) but there are a few less expensive options available within both lines.

My preference for the Selle comes down to its more contemporary and sporty styling, which I find fits the look of my bike better.

I think it is super-important to emphasize that everyone is different. How you ride, the shape of your butt, and what other clothes you wear while riding all can make a huge difference in an appropriate saddle choice.

The very best bet is to find a local bike shop that will let you try out saddles, or at a minimum let you trade in saddles until you find one that works for you.

A sweaty butt quickly becomes an extremely sore butt. One huge advantage of leather saddles like Brooks is that to some extent the leather breathes, which helps immensely in keeping your butt dry. Also, "padded" bike shorts are padded as much to wick away sweat as to provide actual padding. Consider trying some of the padded liner shorts (REI makes a nice pair, as does Pearl Izumi) and find a pair of really breathable and generously cut shorts to wear over them (at the same time, try to minimize the number of seams in your clothing that are between your butt and the seat -- seams are instant chafe points).

Any bicycle saddle, no matter how cushy, that is improperly adjusted (both in terms of height, saddle tilt, and position (forward or back)) will become a torture device. So consider doing a proper bike fit to get the saddle adjusted properly, and also to learn how to adjust the saddle yourself.

Back