New Rize X Ordered My Experience

ridingsoon

Region
USA
I pulled the trigger and ordered the Rize X online in Silver. Bike was in stock and it shipped last night, it took just a little over 1 day to ship it out. It is due to arrive on Wednesday of next week. I will post more details of condition on arrival, setup and any other feedback I have at that time. I am pretty excited as this is my first ebike. I chose the Rize X due to the upgraded components vs the other bikes in its class. Hydraulic brakes, torque sensor, actual 750 W motor, fenders, rear rack are standard on this model.

I have already ordered a suspension seatpost and a helmet. I plan on adding rear bag, handle bar extension, cell phone holder, and a few other accessories. There is a blizzard right now so I don't anticipate being able to ride it much in the next couple of weeks, but I will try!

I also ordered the ROAM phone mount and Venzo suspension seat post ad well. I assume I will order a seat as well and am looking at the Giddy up and Wittop comfort seats. If anyone has experience with either of those seats I would love to hear it!

E778AD0F-0676-4243-A4E4-69E1586E1C33.jpeg
58D04E49-3E51-4C5E-9037-0D94A67CF418.jpeg
0831FA3A-6B21-488F-BB2B-1CFDF3A5C2CE.jpeg
82A9F198-85EF-4BAC-B8CA-31F63A48E71D.jpeg

Thanks AHicks! I was very pleased with the condition on arrival, and everything looks and works great so far. I wish it were warmer here, winters here are brutal so riding is few and far between until spring. Its 17 F today with wind at 10mph gusts to 25mph.

I can't wait to spend more time on it.

Because I am a noob, I am putting a patch kit, a tube, tire guage, some tools, and a CO2 inflator in my bag. Is there anything else you would recommend I take with me on rides?

No, but if you haven't already, add some SLIME to your tires! That is likely THE #1 PLAN regarding preventative maintenance of all types, especially when talking flat protection. The fatties are going to require more than the recommended dose too. Wanting to err on the cautious side, I put 8oz in each of mine.

If you have no experience with the fatties, I would encourage you to experiment with different air pressures as well. A couple psi can make a noticeable difference. A low pressure tire gauge, one that can pick up a pound or two difference, is nice to have handy as well.

What rear bag did you order? I have a rockbros coming from Rize but it’s on backorder?

Big congrats on your new Rize.

Thanks AHicks! I was very pleased with the condition on arrival, and everything looks and works great so far. I wish it were warmer here, winters here are brutal so riding is few and far between until spring. Its 17 F today with wind at 10mph gusts to 25mph.

I can't wait to spend more time on it.

Because I am a noob, I am putting a patch kit, a tube, tire guage, some tools, and a CO2 inflator in my bag. Is there anything else you would recommend I take with me on rides?
A small first aid kit in case of a dropped bike. Macadam hurts at 20+ mph.

Just regarding the CO2 inflator, a standard one won't fill a fat tire. There are "fat tire" versions, or make sure you have a couple/three standard sized ones in your kit. I use one of these little micro pumps, and since you only need 10-15lbs in a fat tire to get you home, you don't need a big high-pressure pump. The benefit of a hand pump is that even if you just have a slow-moderate leak, you can still limp it home with a few refills along the way. It is not super easy to disassemble and properly repair the rear tire on the trail compared to a standard bike, and you need to protect the display of you want to do the old handlebar flip.

Just regarding the CO2 inflator, a standard one won't fill a fat tire. There are "fat tire" versions, or make sure you have a couple/three standard sized ones in your kit. I use one of these little micro pumps, and since you only need 10-15lbs in a fat tire to get you home, you don't need a big high-pressure pump. The benefit of a hand pump is that even if you just have a slow-moderate leak, you can still limp it home with a few refills along the way. It is not super easy to disassemble and properly repair the rear tire on the trail compared to a standard bike, and you need to protect the display of you want to do the old handlebar flip.

Thanks I learned something new every day!

I ended up buying one of these and a hand pump as a back up :)

What a great looking bike, Now you've gone and done it, really got me aching for this bike!
Ordered mine this morning, silver.
Interesting, just hours later, it now shows the silver out of stock,,,,whew, that was close.

What a great looking bike, Now you've gone and done it, really got me aching for this bike!
Ordered mine this morning, silver.
Interesting, just hours later, it now shows the silver out of stock,,,,whew, that was close.
For me they said 2 days to ship and 5 - 7 days in transit because of where I live (South Dakota) and it shipped in 2 and arrived right at 5 days. The bike was easy to put together, removing the protection took longer than putting it together. Instructions are lacking for racks, fenders and lights but they are pretty easy to figure out.

Point to note, the left pedal spins counter clockwise when you install, rookie mistake on my part (I haven't installed new pedals in 35 years) - I called them and they reminded me :)

For me they said 2 days to ship and 5 - 7 days in transit because of where I live (South Dakota) and it shipped in 2 and arrived right at 5 days. The bike was easy to put together, removing the protection took longer than putting it together. Instructions are lacking for racks, fenders and lights but they are pretty easy to figure out.

Point to note, the left pedal spins counter clockwise when you install, rookie mistake on my part (I haven't installed new pedals in 35 years) - I called them and they reminded me :)
Don't forget to apply some grease to the threads to prevent them from seizing up over time.

well, Small snafu, I received my fedex number and then got a call from Rize, telling me I ordered the last Silver bike....but they can't find it, lol.
They were good about communicating with me so my option was to get the black mat verizon, which shows to arrive on Monday from Carson, CA.
I originally wanted red, out of stock so I chose Silver,,,gone awol, and ended up with black.

Back