New Raleigh ebikes

motostrano

I just got a preview of the new Raleigh e-bikes for 2016 and they look wonderful. One of my favorite ebikes for sure. Look for new STEPS bikes, as well as the Currie powered mid drive motors for 2016.

Also- we are importing a number of the hop-up kits for the Shimano motors to pump the speed up towards 30.

Joe

One of my favorites is a $3449 high torque mid-drive model called the Sprint Ie that has the battery integrated into the frame much like a Turbo or a BH Easymotion, but with a mid-drive motor. 350W Currie mid-drive motor 48V but only 8.7 AH battery. No weight is listed. There's also a new step-thru model called the Sprite IE for $2099 that will be a great commuter. The Misceo will continue for 2016 and it also gets a Misceo iE Sport with Shimano SLX drive, full fenders rack and lights for $2999 in all black. . Good stuff.

One of my favorites is a $3449 high torque mid-drive model called the Sprint Ie that has the battery integrated into the frame much like a Turbo or a BH Easymotion, but with a mid-drive motor. 350W Currie mid-drive motor 48V but only 8.7 AH battery. No weight is listed. There's also a new step-thru model called the Sprite IE for $2099 that will be a great commuter. The Misceo will continue for 2016 and it also gets a Misceo iE Sport with Shimano SLX drive, full fenders rack and lights for $2999 in all black. . Good stuff.

Thanks, Joe

Thanks for sharing that info Joe, +1 on what Court J. said.

That's a shame. I bought a BH Emotion Carbon as my first ebike and the small capacity battery is a real drawback. My $.02, if you're going to use the bike for serious rides 12AH or better. For me, the battery capacity is a deal breaker.

Court J.

I agree. Battery and ride range is a major issues and when you have bikes that get up to 90 miles and you can pay $3000 to $4000 for it, that's huge.

Joe

I agree. Battery and ride range is a major issues and when you have bikes that get up to 90 miles and you can pay $3000 to $4000 for it, that's huge.

Joe
I really like the Misceo and 90 real world would do it for me. Heck 60 real miles would excite me! Just don't know if it would do it in the PA mountains.... Joe when are you opening a rural PA location;)

Ha. That would be fun! We have more stores planned first here in the Bay Area. Any of our BOSCH powered ebikes can do an honest 80 miles range with a full charge on ECO mode. I've tested them. I'm a fairly strong rider, but I'm not a racer by any stretch. In sport or tour mode, with some hills chucked in you may see 60 miles on a BOSCH and the tests I've done longer term on our Shimano steps MISCEO is similar. We do ship Haibike and Raleigh if you want to order.

Joe

I am interested in the STEPS system, so much I started this thread: http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/shimano-steps.1780/

There are some things I'm not fond of on the Misceo like the electronic shifting and it's reliance on the battery for shifting and therefore it's use as a bicycle, non-e. Overall I'm impressed! I will be buying another ebike later this year and will be looking at Raleigh.

I just got a preview of the new Raleigh e-bikes for 2016 and they look wonderful. One of my favorite ebikes for sure. Look for new STEPS bikes, as well as the Currie powered mid drive motors for 2016.

Also- we are importing a number of the hop-up kits for the Shimano motors to pump the speed up towards 30.

Joe
Hello Joe,
Do you have the hop up kits for the Shimano STEP yet? Do you have a price yet?

I'm interested in buying one.

Thanks

@motostrano, you guys have 2 Misceo iE bikes listed on your page under Home > E-Bikes > Raleigh Electric Bikes. Just wanted to make sure they're the same. Would like to know how much shipped to 20032 and also if you're able to update to 2016 firmware (auto shift) before shipping. Thanks!!

P.S. please let me know if you guys offer any other discounts, i.e. military.

Hey I just noticed this post. yes, they are the same. Please call us directly though for pricing and ordering information. Thanks!

Joe
How difficult is it to install a hop up kit?

Back