New RadCity

Wag4513

My RadCity arrived this afternoon, yeah! I took it to a LBS to get it set up and adjusted. They were not happy I didn't buy an ebike from them and they are making me pay. The owner noted they had had problems with "that brand" and I would have to pay for any needed repairs. I said damages should be covered by the warranty. He said I would have to pay not Rad Power Bikes, hopefully he will get over it. They did charge me nearly $40 to install Mr. Toughy liners, which seems a little high.

My RadCity arrived this afternoon, yeah! I took it to a LBS to get it set up and adjusted. They were not happy I didn't buy an ebike from them and they are making me pay. The owner noted they had had problems with "that brand" and I would have to pay for any needed repairs. I said damages should be covered by the warranty. He said I would have to pay not Rad Power Bikes, hopefully he will get over it. They did charge me nearly $40 to install Mr. Toughy liners, which seems a little high.
That's totally unprofessional, you went there for a service they provide, not disparaging commentary on your purchase. You should tell them if they don't want any more business from you you'll be happy to take it elsewhere.
I normally do all my own work, but last time I purchased tires from my LBS I decided to have them mount them. I was on my bike and didn't want to carry them as I was running other errands. They charged me $12.

Hello Windmill, I have been commuting on a bike for 57 years off and on. I began when we lived in Holland and I rode everywhere. Then I rode to work for several years in Oklahoma City, Amarillo, and Dallas. I did a lot of my own maintenance, now I am an old fart and have had both knees replaced, that is why I have an ebike, get back to riding with power assist to get over the hard parts.

Setup is fairly easy, with an attitude like theirs, it would have sealed the deal. Would love to know what problems they had with "that brand", because while I did have a minor issue, it was taken care of immediately and no hassle.

I'm thinking of purchasing the Radcity. I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam, any suggestions? 16 or 20 inch frame? Any advice? Thanks.

I finally got my bike from the LSB today. They couldn't get the light to work. I'll check it out and make sure it is hooked up right. Took it for a spin when I got home and made a rookie mistake. Left the bike in peddle assist when I pulled into the garage and when I repositioned the peddles to dismount it goosed the motor. I got stopped but fell over, fortunately no one saw me go down. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 75 degrees so I am planning on going for a ride around the neighborhood, about 3 or 4 miles.

I finally got my bike from the LSB today. They couldn't get the light to work. I'll check it out and make sure it is hooked up right. Took it for a spin when I got home and made a rookie mistake. Left the bike in peddle assist when I pulled into the garage and when I repositioned the peddles to dismount it goosed the motor. I got stopped but fell over, fortunately no one saw me go down. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 75 degrees so I am planning on going for a ride around the neighborhood, about 3 or 4 miles.
Yep, squeeze the brake for mounting and dismounting!

George J, I am about 5'8" and just clear the bar on my 16" frame. Since the bike is so heavy you might want the shorter frame so you have more clearance above the top tube.

I paid $40 for my LBS to adjust my gears & brakes for me. I'm in Cali tho.. He was interested in the bike and had no problems providing the service. $40 was on par with what other LBS were charging based on their service menus online. So I'm fine with $40 on my end..

I'm not sure why he was so upset. He provides a service. I think Rad Power Bikes will pay (or pay you back) should you need any warranty work done that you can not complete (from what I've heard online). Why he is being so sour is beyond me. As long as he gets paid for services he offers - he shouldn't complain.

I can assume that LBS don't like working on bikes they didn't sell you because they are struggling to make business as it is. It's understandable but the end of the day - if they can make a quick few adjustments with ease they can make a few bucks!

IMG_0092.JPG
I'm very happy with my new ride!!! I've added several modifications to my Rad City.

New tires are a must!!! Helps with lighting up the Bike and making the ride even smoother, I'm Riding on Schwalbe Big Apple tires, also added a new gel seat and sepension seat post to help with the Seattle roads. I added brighter lights and a New Lumos Bike Helmet for my commute and trust me here in Seattle you need to be seen!!! Also added some shoe straps to my peddles. Amazing the feeling they give you. Panniers from A REI Garage sale. Yea!!!

Here is a picture

I commute 18 miles from Edmonds to downtown on nice days lol. Not pouring down rainy days (that's what the Subaru is for). But with Sping here and the days getting longer I think I'm ready!!!

MarkP, I have kept the OEM lights so if I am caught out when it gets dark I'll always have some light. I got a Vision II USB Bike Light from Amazon to use as a headlight. It charges from the USB port on the LCD screen. I also added a Meilan Smart Bike Tail Light X5, also from Amazon, for a taillight. It also recharges from the onboard USB port.

Ok. I'm very happy with my Rad City!!

I've been commuting on the Rad City 35 miles round trip from my house in Edmonds Wa to downtown Seattle with hills and head winds and I'm convinced it's a better commuters day then when I drive my Car!!!

For one I'm a whole lot happier when I Arrive there and look forward to the commute home. I've always loved biking but now that I'm free to get to work and not be all sweaty, has really opened my eyes to E-biking and the trips I can take with it. I admit I've added lots of Mods to make it my own, but every bike ride I take I learn something new about my commute and my Rad City.

I usually start my ride on PAS 2 and when I get to a big hill boost it to 3-4 depending on my speed. But I bring my charger in with me to work so that I can recharge at work for the commute home. I used google maps biking feature which pretty much routes my trip using bike lanes and the inter urban trail, so I feel much safer while I commute as well.

I'm surprised at how well the Rad City handles, it's very easy to ride.

Well I hope to see more Rad City's on the roads but until then I'm still VERY Happy on mine.

Second battery. I need a spare battery and prefer one with more amps. Any experience with Empowered Batteries? Looks like it should fit without modification?
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Radcity 2.png

Last edited:
Seems like most people end up with the Lunacycle batteries. Pretty sure people said the Dolphin pack will fit the stock connector on RPBs, although it may have a smaller capacity than the one you linked to.

View attachment 15825 I'm very happy with my new ride!!! I've added several modifications to my Rad City.

New tires are a must!!! Helps with lighting up the Bike and making the ride even smoother, I'm Riding on Schwalbe Big Apple tires, also added a new gel seat and sepension seat post to help with the Seattle roads. I added brighter lights and a New Lumos Bike Helmet for my commute and trust me here in Seattle you need to be seen!!! Also added some shoe straps to my peddles. Amazing the feeling they give you. Panniers from A REI Garage sale. Yea!!!

Here is a picture

I commute 18 miles from Edmonds to downtown on nice days lol. Not pouring down rainy days (that's what the Subaru is for). But with Sping here and the days getting longer I think I'm ready!!!
How did you get the Cooud 9 rails to line up with the seat post clamp? I tried 3 posts and none worked.

Back