mikemartin88

Region
USA
Just ordered my first ebike, a Retrospec Rev Koa. Like the look of the fat tire bikes and looking forward to spending some time on it and seeing what uses I can find for it. It arrives in 2 days, so I'll post some pics and first impressions.

Mike

Just ordered my first ebike, a Retrospec Rev Koa. Like the look of the fat tire bikes and looking forward to spending some time on it and seeing what uses I can find for it. It arrives in 2 days, so I'll post some pics and first impressions.

Mike
Just curious what made you pick the Rev Koa? Was it on Amazon?

Welcome.
Proprietary battery. Hub-drive. Pogo fork.
1694307528040.jpeg

Welcome!! I presume a piano player?? I am a bassist myself. Great folks here and information as well. Stick around, you’ll love it here.

I am a bassist
I made a bike for a pro bassist. I told him that it would be 'acoustic-electric,' that it would ride and feel like a bike, but all your input is amplified. He agreed. When the bike was ready he went for a test ride, then asked, 'Where is the cruise control at?' Where is the cruse control on a stand up jazz bass? 'A Love Supreme' does not play itself. Would Coltrane use a beat box instead of a drum kit, or run samples on replay?

Last edited:
Did it arrive today?
I am busy packing a bike today. That is not me in the photo. That is the bike: 29er, air fork, 12-sp, hydro, 90Nm mid.

Attachments

• Marin Team 1 Jupiter Foods.jpg
    Marin Team 1 Jupiter Foods.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 72
OK, bike arrived today! Box was pretty beat up but everything was in it and no bike parts were damaged. Went together pretty easy and per the assembly instructions. Had to add one washer between the front axle bearing cone and the inside of the fork on the (left) disc brake side of the axle to get proper clearance between the caliper body and the disc, but other than that, all good! Just waiting for the battery to fully charge before taking her out for an inaugural spin around the neighborhood. Forced to read the owners' manual while waiting, which is very atypical for me. First ride notes once it happens!
IMG20230911144227.jpg
IMG20230911144236.jpg
IMG20230911145352.jpg
IMG20230911162829.jpg
IMG20230911163404.jpg
IMG20230911164428.jpg

Just went for a quick ride around the neighborhood. Played with pedal assist modes a bit, and in the normal power setting it moves out pretty well! Initial impression is, well, I'm impressed! Ordered an Iberia rear rack and some pannier bags from Amazon, will post pics in the parts and accessories section when they arrive. I can see having a ton of fun on this bike!

Back