New Magnum UI6?

Diver4242

I was just at a dealer and they had just gotten in a UI6, which looks just like a Metro but with a different display. Dealer didn't even know much about it. Anyone have info? I wonder if the metro is going away or what. Couldn't buy without knowing what the deal is.

The Ui6 is the same frame, components, tires, brakes, as the Ui5, but it comes with a 500 watt motor (instead of the Ui5's 350 watt), and a 48 Volt, 13 AH Samsung battery. It also has a newer display from Magnum. It's priced (MSRP $1799) at only $100 more than the previous Ui5, so its a pretty good value. The motor has a peak output of 700 watts.

Vs, The Metro is a different ebike , priced at $1999. It has the same wattage motor, but its Das-Kit versus Bafang, and the ebike is capable of a higher speed at 28 mph (assist only). (versus 22 mph for Ui6). The display is different too, a bit nicer and larger. It'll have a slightly higher grade derailleur (Shimano Altus), and better trigger shifter. And hydraulic brakes vs mechanical brakes on Ui6. Also has a better quality suspension fork than the Ui6. Lastly, they are including a suspension seat post. Functional but won't be the higher quality of a Thud Buster or Body Float.

I have the metro +. The Metro+, Metro and Ui6 have the same battery pack, controller and all have a 500 watt motor and more or less the same frame. On my metro + I routinely go 40 miles over generally flat roads before I recharge. I'm pretty sure I could get 50 if I needed. I just like to recharge at 25% when I can. The Metro and Ui6 have less efficient tires (more comfort though) so it might be slightly less. Other riders might do better. I'm a big guy, over 200 lbs.

On my Ui6 I’m 90% of the time on Pas 2, some on 3 and seldom on anything else. I get 60 miles with 2 bars left.

Back