New in the fascinating e bike world and i would like some help choosing and finding the right e bike for me.

stefebike

Hello guys ,and thank you for accepting me in this forum.I am new in the fascinating e bike world and i would like some help choosing and finding the right e bike for me.I fave found some e bikes i like a in prices i can aford ,because of course there are some amazing pieces but the prices are too high for me.For example i like this e bike ( Schwinn sidewinder electric mountain style bicycle) at 898$ at walmart or Lectric xp e bike (500 watt) but it is only available in USA and i want it for Switzerland.Do you have any other suggestions or an idea how i can get these or similars bikes in Switzerland?I wouldnt say no for more than 250 watt motors , but i dont think they are allowed in Europe.

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Hi Stef,
Happy 'budget' eBikers writing from Europe seem to have bikes and then purchased and installed kits like:
Minimum rear geared hub motor or mid drive nominal rating of 500W - 750W @ 48V and available 1000W+ for hills.
Or hub motors @ 72V ?
Read herein about some 250W machines YEARS ago.
Mike

Yosepower is a German retailer of cheap Chinese kit motors in the EU including the 750w BBSHD which is powerful enough to get you up any Swiss mountain. Convert an MTB pedal bike from Decathlon. You might be able to do this type of build for around 1500 euros/Swiss Francs depending on how much help you need from a bike shop getting the motor to work with the donor bike’s gearing

Last edited:
I hope you don't intend to ride a $900 bicycle very far.
Kiddie quality crank arms (plastic) can wear out in 3000 miles. Pedals the same or less. Spokes on entry level wheels are made of imitation steel, frequently break and often need retorquing. I'm basing this on riding 2000 miles a year on a Diamondback MTB, and later a Pacific Quantum MTB. I broke the rear axle on the diamondback with my enormous 81 kilo weight. I don't jump curbs. Then the crank arm wore out on the Pacific. I was unable using 5 different pullers to get the crank off to replace with an aluminum one. Not enough clearance behind for the puller arms to bite. Bought a $1800 bike (unpowered) left which I have 5000 miles on. Power was $900 more, a $221 1200 W hub motor, a $620 48 v 17.5 AH battery, and mounting & wiring supplies.

Last edited:
What about something like this? Too expensive?

Its a bit expensive but i will probably try find somthing around this price.Better quality comes with higher price.If you have any other good suggestions plz share.Thank you!

Back