New here.

beatfarm3r

Region
USA
I joined this forum because I may need help and I am happy to teach some of what I already know. I have a Raleigh retroglide which
was great when it worked. I am in process of replacing the controller and not going oem is a pain.

My biggest question with this bike is why the battery changes output voltage after 10 seconds. The battery on the Retroglide is 48v
Basically, if I push the power button on the battery it will show 52v after 10 seconds when the light on the button goes out it
levels off at 30v or so. So on my new display it won't stay on, it turns off with the battery.

thanks

Chris

More information is needed to effectively diagnose your problem, but the most obvious is a battery / charger defect.
How old is the battery? Will it hold a charge for any length of time while off the bike?
Was the bike working at all before you swapped the controller?
There may also be a compatibility issue with the parts you're attempting to use. Many bike makers use proprietary technology which can be difficult to replicate.

I'm not familiar with Raleigh, but hopefully, someone else here can offer more specific advice.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your project!

Hi and thanks. Its not the battery although the battery seems to have a function where the other two smaller wires keep it alive? maybe a discharge function that needs some signal, not sure.

Back