New Here

SteveDumont

Hello everyone just joined this site. I bought a Rad Rover a couple of years ago and really like it. I just did the Power upgrade with the true bafang 750 watt motor with controller and display. Crazy the difference this makes in torque. I bought my Wife the Rad City step thru model and she really enjoys it as well. I currently am awaiting the rad mini step thru model to have as a spare in case someone else wants to go for a ride. Does anyone have the info on the new controller settings as to what each setting applies to. I believe C5 is for power etc. I used Boltons recommended settings but not sure what they all correspond to. everything appears to work great but sometimes during braking the speedometer will read 79kmph when im almost stopped.....thanks for any input....btw my name is Steve.

Welcome Steve!

I've messed with the controller/display parameter settings a ton, experimenting with this combination and that. C-5 does allow you to set max amperage to the motor. With that set to your hearts desire, you can then use C-14 to fine tune your PAS levels.....

No clue regarding the 79kmph reading. -Al

Good Lord. 15mph? Really? Who knows!

Does it FEEL like 15mph, or could it be going faster with the speedo reading incorrectly?

If lost, I would suggest you start over again with a complete reset to factory defaults (C10=Y). Then, make one change at a time, and test to see the results of each change. Don't get in too big a hurry.....

Thanks...I started all over and must have changed something by mistake, getting 34 mph now full throttle. amazed at the torque.

Now you know how to bail yourself out of trouble.

This would be a good time to go back and revisit C-5 and C-14.....

Back