new headlight

How many volts is that light running at??

Something doesn't add up. Or it could just be your controller is bad. You should be more than good with 120ma rolling through. That's on the low scale of capacity..

Also try to verify the LED chips they are using in that aftermarket light. I'm willing to bet they are cheap china knock offs :) We are using CREE led chips and by no means can we sell at $19 and make a profit running CREE!

So, how far out is your release date on your light? I've found a few good rechargeable lights, but would really like a light to replace the factory light. May hold off if it's not a long ways off...

How many volts is that light running at??

Something doesn't add up. Or it could just be your controller is bad. You should be more than good with 120ma rolling through. That's on the low scale of capacity..

Also try to verify the LED chips they are using in that aftermarket light. I'm willing to bet they are cheap china knock offs :) We are using CREE led chips and by no means can we sell at $19 and make a profit running CREE!
The light runs at battery voltage. I agree, the controller is likely no good. But I am stuck with it as it works fine with the OEM light.

I'm sure they are not top brass emmiters. It is almost free. I read about it here. https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/...back-3-vs-10-42-led-20w-head-light-from-ebay/

My controller has no problem driving a 7w, 6v to 60v Busch & Muller IQ-X E headlight, with a 1.5w, 6v to 48v Spanninga Elips tail light.

So, how far out is your release date on your light? I've found a few good rechargeable lights, but would really like a light to replace the factory light. May hold off if it's not a long ways off...

Well if you need a light to ride at night - go out and get one! Be safe!

Ours is coming soon.. Sometime this summer if all goes well. I'd rather you ride safe than wait. Our goal for sure is by Fall to have a product out there. Just in time for Night Riding season! Summer time isn't ideal to sell lights when the sun comes around..

My tail light came the other day and I wired it up, Spanninga Elips 6V to 48V 1.5w https://en.hollandbikeshop.com/bicy...ips-xe-rear-light-led-e-bike-80mm-red-461997/
It's almost plug-n-play with the RPB light circut, just need some wire and a couple of connectors from the hardware store. It's a little bigger than the OE light and much brighter.
philips_lumiringkl.jpg

Heres a full review of the battery version under its old name.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Back