New Guy with a Giant Explore E+ 3 GTS

Packfan

Been lurking on the forums for a few months taking in all the great info on e-bikes. I am 58 and ride for fun and fitness. Knee and hip injuries have made it tough to climb the hill to my house, so I thought an e-bike would help me get back on the road.

My local bike shop suggested the Specialized Vado, but the price tag scared me off. I also almost went with several less expensive hub drive bikes on-line. I then found a Giant Explore E+ 3 GTS at another bike shop on clearance, so I pulled the trigger. I ended up getting a mid-drive for the same price as the hub drives I was looking at. I was concerned about the 400 Wh battery, but it has been a non-issue for my type of riding.

I have a few questions I will be posting on the Giant forum, but so far I am loving it. The reviews and information on this site helped me make what I think is a good decision. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_110153055.jpg
    IMG_20190323_110153055.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 2,876
Been lurking on the forums for a few months taking in all the great info on e-bikes. I am 58 and ride for fun and fitness. Knee and hip injuries have made it tough to climb the hill to my house, so I thought an e-bike would help me get back on the road.

My local bike shop suggested the Specialized Vado, but the price tag scared me off. I also almost went with several less expensive hub drive bikes on-line. I then found a Giant Explore E+ 3 GTS at another bike shop on clearance, so I pulled the trigger. I ended up getting a mid-drive for the same price as the hub drives I was looking at. I was concerned about the 400 Wh battery, but it has been a non-issue for my type of riding.

I have a few questions I will be posting on the Giant forum, but so far I am loving it. The reviews and information on this site helped me make what I think is a good decision. Thanks!

Many happy miles on your new bike!!

Many happy miles on your new bike!!
I have the same bike. LOVE it. No issues at all and I've taken the speed limiter off by removing the magnet on the tire and putting the magnet back on the pedal so I can go faster than 20 mph assisted. Great ride. Cheers!

Am interested in buying the 2019 Explorer and seeing if I can export it to australia. Does anyone have any experience with exporting giant e bikes? looking for ebike shop on the West coast that might help me out.

Price was my reason as local dealers and importers take theirpercentage so better to import myself as I have discovered with amazon usa vs aus etc

Back