New Genze e102

alnvilma

I'm on my fourth electric bike. This time, I went with a E-motion Neo 650b and I'm a happy camper.
However, my wife is new to this world so I bought her an entry level 'safe' ride to keep up with me on
simpler forest roads. The 16" frame works well for 5' height.
Her e102 came with 1.75 street tires so I swapped them for Shwalbe Marathon+ size 2.1.
It does much better in dirt now but next week, I'm installing a basic Suntour XCT suspension fork too.
The bike has plenty of torque from the 250 geared hub motor @ 36v and the range is amazing.
I'll post the riding results later. I will probably also replace the cruiser handle bars with a compromise set. Maybe, a set of more traditional comfort style with rise & sweep not quite so relaxed!
I would like to hear from other owners.

I'm on my fourth electric bike. This time, I went with a E-motion Neo 650b and I'm a happy camper.
However, my wife is new to this world so I bought her an entry level 'safe' ride to keep up with me on
simpler forest roads. The 16" frame works well for 5' height.
Her e102 came with 1.75 street tires so I swapped them for Shwalbe Marathon+ size 2.1.
It does much better in dirt now but next week, I'm installing a basic Suntour XCT suspension fork too.
The bike has plenty of torque from the 250 geared hub motor @ 36v and the range is amazing.
I'll post the riding results later. I will probably also replace the cruiser handle bars with a compromise set. Maybe, a set of more traditional comfort style with rise & sweep not quite so relaxed!
I would like to hear from other owners.
Congratulations to your wife.

Genze frame is not suspension fork geometry correct. A suspension fork will "chopper out" the front end and make the steering flip-floppy. I have tried the Genze with the XCT fork and it is really not rideable.
I do agree with your mods to the tires and especially the handlebars.

Last edited:
Back