New Evelo Models

TWBKR

I saw that Evelo has released 3 new models, one of which is offering the Aurora with a rear hub drive, and then a new Aries model in either mid-drive or rear drive. Will be interesting to hear some feedback, when someone buys one. Much lower price, as the rear hub drive means you cant have the NuVinci internally geared hub.

I saw those as well but I am am torn between Aurora loaded and the Turbo Como 5.0. The Aurora saves $$

The Aurora mid-drive is available with the NuVinci.
I'm sorry to see that the Galaxy TT is no longer listed on their site. The step-thru ST is the only 26" Galaxy now. :confused:

Keithd Just curious if you compared weights on those two bikes

I looked over the Evelo bikes some and if I remember correctly they were pretty heavy, is the specialized also heavy?

Just curious how they compare on weight...

Como is not as heavy as Aurora but also does not have Nuvinci. I loved the Brose motor feel on the Como smooth just like reg. Bike. But to get the power they were recommending the5.0 which is $1k more than Evelo and warranty is not as good. I tested customer service for both Evelo wins, on the other Como has local dealer support. The dealer also installs Bafang kits on other bikes and the mechanic told me the Bafanb bbs02 has more power than the Como Brose.

Just curious how much the como weighs? The aurora looks like it is 62lb which is a little less than I thought

The brose motor is so smooth

But evelo has a great customer service rep and warranty

Let us know what you end up getting
They are both great bikes

Last edited:
I believe the Como I was looking at came in around 54lbs. It is a tough choice for sure.

Back