New ebikes coming from Greg LeMond

I really like the clean aesthetics of these carbon frames:

daily.jpg

The Daily

dutch.jpg

The Dutch

(Hoping the revised UC Pro will look something similar, @pushkar 🤞)

Last edited:

i'm guessing it's probabaly using the ebikemotion X35 system that keeps things lightweight...but i don't like that it doesn't have a torque sensor PAS.

Hey folks, sorry to rain on the parade, but LeMond contacted us and asked if we could take the images down. BikeRadar wasn't supposed to announce the new product info yet, they quickly took down their post as well. An official media release should be coming out soon!

No disrespect Sir , just poking a little fun at an untimely press release .

“LeMond is considered by many to be the greatest American cyclist of all time.”

Mon Chapeau .

The article is now up again .
Can EBR please upload the photos that were taken down ?
Thank You .

I wonder if Lemonds are still under the Trek company umbrella. Back in the day (90s), Trek, Gary Fisher, Lemond, Bontrager and Klein were owned by Trek, IIRC.

Another review on Electrek... the target market looks to be athletes who want a light-responsive bike with minimal assist. ;)

First look at the new LeMond ultralight 26 lb (11 kg) electric bicycles (electrek.co)

With deliveries set to begin next month, LeMond Cycles is releasing the first official photos of one of the new e-bikes. The new model, known as the LeMond Prolog, is produced entirely from carbon fiber – not just in the frame but also in the fork, fenders, stem and handlebars. That helps the bike achieve its super-light weight of just 26 lb (11.7 kg).

Despite Greg LeMond’s elite-level athletic background, the LeMond Prolog is designed as an everyday e-bike designed for both fitness riding and urban transportation. The new photos from photographer Alonso Tal show off the bike’s ultra-clean design. And if pink isn’t your thing, it also comes in white and black.

The bike features a hidden internal battery, minimalist rear hub motor, seamlessly integrated LED lighting, and hidden cabling. In fact, it takes a trained eye to even spot that these are electric bicycles. But once you spot the Mahle X35+ Smart Ebike System, the jig is up. That’s a 20 mph (32 km/h) assist system that adds 250W of power and provides 40 Nm of torque.

The 36V integrated battery isn’t overly large at just 250 Wh. That’s less than half of the average battery capacity found on most of today’s throttle-enabled e-bikes. But as a lightweight and efficient pedal-assist e-bike, the LeMond Prolog is still capable of a claimed 45 miles (72 km) of range in the lowest assist setting. There’s also an external battery option (sold separately) that can add 70% more range.

1610478612888.png

This was my Orbea F series. It’s quite a bit cheaper and a little bit heavier but it uses the same Ebikemotion X35 system.

4CF9699A-22E8-4130-A9B0-CB04D13B17C8.jpeg

Back