New ebiker and Magnum owner

Oldbkr

Just joined up the other day. Got my Ui6 last week and am totally impressed. Much like Fig in his post the Ui6 has rescued me from a potentially priceless time of life. The bike is quite a machine. As a retired mechanic/industrial maintenance tech I appreciate quality engineering and performance.To me the bike has it all. I've been tweaking the cockpit and now it is a super comfortable ride. Only problem I had was a minor adjustment to the shift cable for 6 and 7 gear. I bought it at E bikes of Holmes County about 90 miles from me. Worth every mile. They are a great store/shop good people.

Hey oldbkr!

Did you get the rear rack included with yours? It was included with mine, but there is some debate that it is an option, not stock.

Welcome to the club! Any local bike shop should be able to fine tune the derailer since it's the same as any non electric bike.

Hey oldbkr!

Did you get the rear rack
included with yours? It was included with mine, but there is some debate that it is an option, not stock.
Yep..I got the rack with a 3 strand bungee to go with it. I put a Wald removable basket up front. They are super convenient for trips to the store or just going around when you need to haul a jacket but not wear it all the time,you know THOSE days.Thanks

Welcome to the club! Any local bike shop should be able to fine tune the derailer since it's the same as any non electric bike.
Yeah it was a simple fix...I looked it up online ,saw a video and adjusted the cable adjuster...all good loving the ride...Thanks

Congratulation. I have had the metro plus for a month and haven't stopped smiling since. I had the same issue with 6-7 gear pretty quickly. I suspect this is the initial stretching in the cable. A half turn of the adjuster make it shift as smooth as silk again. I made another quarter turn adjustment at about 130 miles and suspect it may not need another adjust for awhile now.

Mine came with the rack and three strand bungee also. I'm going to check out the removable basket. I don't want one on all the time but the option would be nice for a quick trip to the store.

Congratulation. I have had the metro plus for a month and haven't stopped smiling since. I had the same issue with 6-7 gear pretty quickly. I suspect this is the initial stretching in the cable. A half turn of the adjuster make it shift as smooth as silk again. I made another quarter turn adjustment at about 130 miles and suspect it may not need another adjust for awhile now.

Mine came with the rack and three strand bungee also. I'm going to check out the removable basket. I don't want one on all the time but the option would be nice for a quick trip to the store.

Which is your favorite, the Metro Plus or the Cruiser and why?

Thanks.

Which is your favorite, the Metro Plus or the Cruiser and why?

Thanks.
It depends what kind of riding I'm doing. If I'm commuting or going a further distance I prefer my Metro+. But if I am just riding through neighborhoods and through parks I really like the comfort of the Cruiser. If I wasn't commuting 12 miles a day, half in traffic, I would probably own the Cruiser. It is a smoother more comfortable ride. Almost like gliding.

It depends what kind of riding I'm doing. If I'm commuting or going a further distance I prefer my Metro+. But if I am just riding through neighborhoods and through parks I really like the comfort of the Cruiser. If I wasn't commuting 12 miles a day, half in traffic, I would probably own the Cruiser. It is a smoother more comfortable ride. Almost like gliding.

Thanks for the reply. looking for a bike for my wife. I can see us doing 10-15 mile recreation rides. I currently ride a Rad Rover. I could also see myself borrowing my wife's new bike as well. Trying to determine what the cruiser is capable of.

My wife and I are going to do a 40 mile ride on our two bikes on a paved bike trail built on a former railroad grade. So only gentle hills. Me on my Metro + and her on the cruiser. I'll post afterward on how that experience went.

Back