New Dolphin Not Charging

OldBaldy

I bought a pair of Dolphins and they were delivered the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Now that mine is down to one bar on the battery indicator I charged it. After 5 hours there was still a red light on the charger and the indicator still said one bar (out of 4). Thinking a bad charger (it was pretty hot) I tried charging with the other charger. After an hour or so the charger had a green light. After unplugging the charger and turning on the bike display I was dismayed to find it still reading 1 bar on the battery indicator.

The other bike is till showing a full charge so I swapped out batteries. The fully charged battery is showing 1 bar on my bike now. So is there some kind of reset I can do to get it indicating correctly?

Thanks,

Matt in Texas

OK, panic evening over. I swapped out both batteries and my bike was showing 1 bar while wife's bike was showing full charge. After taking my bike out for a ride, it just took a moment and it started reading full charge.

Buying a multimeter is a great thing for eBike owners. You can actually measure battery levels instead of guessing with "bars"

Those battery indicators cost me 15cents from China. Never trust them. A multmeter can be used to test battery, brake cutout switches, throttles, find broken wires, test charger, and more. An essential tool. Get an auto ranging, auto off, that uses anything but a 9v battery. 9v are stupidly expensive. Voltlog on YouTube reviews some cheap multimeters that are all you need. Anend brand. $10-$15.

Back