New Compass

billyraleigh

Hello, I have an Evelo Compass that has shipped and will arrive next Wednesday. My question is about lighting on the bike. I know that it comes with a headlight but what about tail/ brake lights? I see where Evelo doesn’t put the lights on the rear fenders anymore which is fine with me as I don’t plan on putting on the rear fenders anyway. Is there a way to get tail/brake/turn signal lights on this bike? I’d like to be able to run them through the bikes battery and not have to worry about changing out batteries/ aa, aaa etc. Can this be done using the usb or is there another way to get power from the 48v drive battery? I’ll fairly decent at wiring stuff as my hobby is restoring old Honda Motorcycle’s. Thanks ??

Last edited:
We just picked up our 2019 Compass a few days ago. It is for my wife. So far we are very impressed with the trike. To answer your question, yes, it does have a center tail light and brake light. The brake light comes on with either front or rear brake, and works whether or not the lights are turned on. The brake light is 4 bright LED's on each edge of the brake light housing. It seems like it was intended to double as a turn signal as well as brake light, but the trike does not have a turn signal. I don't know if the existing light could be adapted to a turn signal switch.

Note that some of the photos of the earlier model of the Compass showed reflectors on the back of the battery packs. Our Compass did not come with that, but I was able to get a couple of stick-on reflectors at Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KTZ5MHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I got the 80 x 35 mm size and they fit perfectly.

Hello, I have an Evelo Compass that has shipped and will arrive next Wednesday. My question is about lighting on the bike. I know that it comes with a headlight but what about tail/ brake lights? I see where Evelo doesn’t put the lights on the rear fenders anymore which is fine with me as I don’t plan on putting on the rear fenders anyway. Is there a way to get tail/brake/turn signal lights on this bike? I’d like to be able to run them through the bikes battery and not have to worry about changing out batteries/ aa, aaa etc. Can this be done using the usb or is there another way to get power from the 48v drive battery? I’ll fairly decent at wiring stuff as my hobby is restoring old Honda Motorcycle’s. Thanks ??
My first EVELO Compass was delivered for assembly on March 5. Soon after, it was assembled and I took delivery. Other than getting used to making turns on it, the delivery was uneventful. As soon as I rode it I noticed a clicking/ticking sound in the rear axle area upon acceleration lasting for 10 seconds to maybe 30 seconds. I contacted EVELO and after they determined that they had no rear axles available they sent a second Compass. By now the original bike shop was closed because of the virus and a new shop was the recipient. With the virus delay the Compass was assembled a week or so later. Astoundingly the second Compass had the clinking/ticking much worse than the first. The current shop is only open Wednesday thru Sunday and it is difficult to contact EVELO directly most of the time, so I am waiting on the next evolution. I will praise EVELO for being very generous and they have supported me very graciously. Has anyone else had the clicking/ticking sound with their Compass? My worry is that it is the harbinger of problems in the future, and even though the warranty is wonderful, after 30 days the labor costs are on me. Worse yet the bike shops seem unable to tear into it to find the problem. The current one is of the opinion that they did not sell it and they know nothing about it. I love the Compass and I have invested so much money on the trike and hitch and rack that I am hesitant to just send the 2 Compasses back, plus I have sold my old E-Bike and want to ride again. HELP

Back