New Charger vs SuperCharger, what's the difference?

BBF

Genuinely puzzled by this. R&M site isn't helping to clarify it. The price difference is significant with the SuperCharger costing more. What am I missing?

... biggest difference is that the SuperCharger uses the Bosch Power Tube batteries.

Genuinely puzzled by this. R&M site isn't helping to clarify it. The price difference is significant with the SuperCharger costing more. What am I missing?

I'm sure the dealers will chime in here and correct/clarify but this is what I understand: The SuperCharger has two powertube batteries built into the downtube and top tube. The New Charger has one powertube built into the downtube but offers a rail system where you can mount the power pack 500 on top of the downtube and then go dual battery. Perhaps there are other differences but that is what I noted from watching the Eurobike videos. If I were making the purchase decision now and the bikes were available, I'd go with the New Charger. But just personal preference.

In this video I think you can see the New Charger Mountain and it has the power pack 500 mounted on top of the downtube which houses the power tube 500:

I'm sure the dealers will chime in here and correct/clarify but this is what I understand: The SuperCharger has two powertube batteries built into the downtube and top tube. The New Charger has one powertube built into the downtube but offers a rail system where you can mount the power pack 500 on top of the downtube and then go dual battery. Perhaps there are other differences but that is what I noted from watching the Eurobike videos. If I were making the purchase decision now and the bikes were available, I'd go with the New Charger. But just personal preference.

And if you are seeing a price difference of about $1K then I imagine they are quoting the Supercharger with 2 batteries standard and the New Charger with 1 battery standard. One of the benefits of the New Charger would be reusing the power pack 500 if you already have a Bosch bike (assume you have to make a hardware choice with the New Charger at time of purchase to get the rail system/dual battery option).

@Over50 you're becoming the resident expert ;)

This is all correct. The Supercharger has dual powertube batteries and the New Charger has a single Powertube with the option of a second standard powerpack. It is necessary to request the extra powerpack on the New Charger at time of order, but the Supercharger always has the hardware built in.

Some options are also only available on the Supercharger, like the Rohloff.

Back