New CCS Arrived - Questions!

karmap

First off. I got my bike last night and put it together. This thing is a beast. I am questioning if I got the right size as this thing is rather large. I am 5'9" and i got the Large size as they said if I went smaller it would seem not very aggresive and I am used to riding road bikes not cruisers. Anyone else have experience with the medium and around my size?

Second S level is really fricken fast on a flat. Like I feel very comfortable being in the middle of the road on a 30 MPH section without trying real hard. Is staying at this level bad for the battery? I know it will drain faster but does it hurt it more? Same thing with the motor. If you stayed at S Level for 10 miles straight is it going to destroy the motor or overheat it?

Battery level seems to have died really fast. I just road it around town for about 10 miles mostly using lvl 2 with short spurts of S when going between bike lanes and it looks like I used half the battery? If that is the case it seems a bit short/not what was stated. I have the 19.2Ah lvl battery. I weigh 150 lbs.

Lastly my biggest concern right now is the battery lock/cradle. First off when I tried to get it in it would not lock into to place. It would sound like it is locked but it was easily removed without the key. I then read that you have to push down if it is really tight. After significant effort I was able to make it lock into place with needing the key. Randomly half way through the ride I decided to try to push it out and it pushed out with ease again! What am I doing wrong here? Looking more close I am not sure if it is fitting right. I uploaded a photo of how it is sitting and it looks crooked, and yet flush with the frame going down the down tube. Any thoughts on this?

Other than that the bike seems well built. Brakes work great. going for curbs and such is great. Feels tight. Seems robust. A bit large and heavy like I said before.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 596
I'd email Juiced Bikes support pronto about the battery not locking in. You definitely don't want it falling out.

Because they are designed to seat tightly, it does sometimes take a push down on the battery to get it seated properly. I find that putting the bottom of the battery in first, and then inserting the top at about a 30 degree angle down and in, works well for me. At first I had to use the key to get it to seat well, but the locking mechanism became broken-in after a few times and I don't have to do this any more.

Hard to say why the battery level dropped that much on a ten mile ride, even if you rode level S the whole time. Did you charge the battery before taking your first ride? Also, ambient temperature will affect battery performance. If it was cold where you live, that would be a factor.

Either way, run that battery down to 44 volts or so and then charge it fully a couple of times before deciding that your battery life is too low. It's not uncommon for lithium ion batteries to benefit from this kind of treatment when new. The first time I charged my battery, it only went up to 51.something volts. The next time it went up to 52.something. Now it has leveled out at around 53.2V. Tora has stated that the 2 amp standard charger only takes these batteries up to 95%, which is about right if I'm getting 53.2V.

Also note that the voltage read-out is a more accurate indicator than the 9 dots on the battery level indicator. I can run my battery down to under 46V before noticing any lessened performance. I've taken it as low as 42V -- it got pretty sluggish at that point. I now consider 48V to be half.

You're not hurting the battery or the motor by using the bike as it is designed to be used.

Have you tried twisting the key whilst you try to install the battery? Theres a brass pin that holds the battery in place. It could be preventing you from getting the battery all the way over in position so that the pin seats in the buttery to lock it in place.

I’m 5’9” with a 32” cycling inseam and I have a M frame. With a shorter torso I prefer the shorter reach to the bars. I also have a Body Float seat post which limits how far forward I can get the saddle. Depending on your inseam either a M or L frame could work for you.

Back