New Carbon Fiber Bike from Ride1up

i’ve hung a lot of electric bikes. never had a problem with the bike electric system. make sure the hook is strong enough, has a nice rubber coating so it doesn’t mess up your wheels, and only hang from the front wheel. upside down my cause issues with hydraulic brakes.
Is there a weight limit to this method?

the nicer hooks have a rubber cover on the hook, you could probably just wrap it with a few layers of electrical tape if it doesn’t.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just coat in with a couple of layers of electrical tape. The video of me trying to hoist Gravel up there could be priceless!

the hooks certainly have a weight limit, but screwed vertically into a joist it’s going to be pretty high.

the heaviest bike i routinely hang on a hook is around 45lb. i refuse to ride bikes heavier than that 😂
Yeah, I think the Gravelster is about 35 lbs.. I think I will start with a step stool and a helper!

What are your thoughts on hanging my Gravelster from the garage ceiling hooks? I'm guessing they were used by the previous owners analog bike? Could it do damage to the battery or electrical system?
Another and perhaps a safer method would be to mount a bike to the wall using something like a Steadyrack which saves space by pivoting. Much easier and less risky than trying to lift the bike up to the ceiling.

Well, my bike hanging project has been scrapped. I got Gravelster out to the garage from the spare bedroom (aka the proshop) and attempted to lift him up to the hook. No way Jose. My garage ceiling is kinda high, so for now. Gravel is chained up to Level 2 in the garage. Seems like there should be a better more space saving way to store my ebikes...

Attachments

• chained up.jpg
    chained up.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 31
Another and perhaps a safer method would be to mount a bike to the wall using something like a Steadyrack which saves space by pivoting. Much easier and less risky than trying to lift the bike up to the ceiling.

Looks like I may have to find a studfinder!

Confirmed; The extender battery for the Roadster can be installed on the CF1. However; the charger is different for the extender-battery so you would need a second compatible charger. The bike uses the battery with the highest voltage first, and you could have multiple extender-batteries and keep swapping as needed.

Confirmed; The extender battery for the Roadster can be installed on the CF1. However; the charger is different for the extender-battery so you would need a second compatible charger. The bike uses the battery with the highest voltage first, and you could have multiple extender-batteries and keep swapping as needed.
True on usage on the CF1. But the extender battery comes with its own charger.

There is way too much travel required in that shift lever, and really a bike like this should have a torque sensor or hybrid. Very interesting bike, seems like Ride1Up is one of the few bike companies to exit the pandemic healthier and more active than when they entered.

This review has some good real usage.

Last edited:
One problem, especially with cheaper carbon framed ebikes, is that the bottom bracket hole is not a perfect, but is slightly oval.
This can lead to bottom bracket creak over time. This even occurs on very expensive carbon frames, especially those with press-fit bottom brackets.

Meh, Gravel was advertised at 33 lbs showed up 36. Somebody weigh it and get back to me...
Yeah, my Roadster v2 seemed to be in the 33 lb range, but I never believed the Gravel could be the same with disc brakes.

This person did weigh the CF Racer road version at the start of the video:

Anyone buy one of these and have firsthand ownership experience? Don’t know much about the brand. A 28lb stealthy Ebike for under $2500.00 is very tempting.

Back