New Bulls Iconic evo tr1 speed

Anyone have any experience with the Kiox and it’s primary/best feature upgrade selling points? I think it is $400 on it’s own, though not entirely sure.

A
I just bought the kiox upgrade for my purion bike and it was 275
[/QUOTE]
Where did you buy the Kiox? Was it on a new bike purchase and your dealer kept the new Purion in a swap? Or, did you buy a stand alone Kiox for 275 for a bike you already owned? Thanks.

I'd upgraded purion to kiox on my bulls bike... cost me around ~250$.
main problem was to find mount that will work - due bulls stem :(

p.s. If goal is to use kiox new navigation feature - then don't go this route - it sucks.

I'd upgraded purion to kiox on my bulls bike... cost me around ~250$.
main problem was to find mount that will work - due bulls stem :(

p.s. If goal is to use kiox new navigation feature - then don't go this route - it sucks.
That's too bad. Honestly, I am most interested in tracking rides and having something removable; also. MikeMike, was this an upgrade to a new bike purchase, or was it an add on at a later date? I assume if the former then the dealer kept the Purion? Thanks.

I just bought the kiox upgrade for my purion bike and it was 275
Where did you buy the Kiox? Was it on a new bike purchase and your dealer kept the new Purion in a swap? Or, did you buy a stand alone Kiox for 275 for a bike you already owned? Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
my dealer bought the upgrade kit. since they have to install it that's the best way to go. yes this is a bike I already own.

Nice, so only 275 for the kit. Thanks for that. If I may ask, was the install included in that charge? Just trying to get a feel for how much the upgrade is gonna run me. I've got the Iconic Speed ordered (painfully, since early March when the ETA was May).

According to Court’s review the bike checks in just under 60 and with the full 625wh battery it will be 60.5. Not light but not 62-65.
Depends on the size, adding a rear basket and few other things it will get heavy. Even 60lb is already very heavy.

Nice, so only 275 for the kit. Thanks for that. If I may ask, was the install included in that charge? Just trying to get a feel for how much the upgrade is gonna run me. I've got the Iconic Speed ordered (painfully, since early March when the ETA was May).
no that was just the kit. they have not gotten it yet hope for this week. I have given up on the smartphone hub.

That's too bad. Honestly, I am most interested in tracking rides and having something removable; also. MikeMike, was this an upgrade to a new bike purchase, or was it an add on at a later date? I assume if the former then the dealer kept the Purion? Thanks.
I ordered from Europe and installed myself - kept purion :)
as for tracking - I was hoping too - since bosch app has basic komoot integration - but Kiox has no gps - no route will be uploaded - only distance.

I am fairly new to e

I am fairly new to e-biking but I thought most average between 55-60 without racks or any extras?

No, that is mostly for mid priced or under 2k commuter ebikes .

Good, mid priced emtb are around 47-52lb, top ebikes are 38-47lb.

Specialized Levo, Giant TCR, Norco, Yeti, Rotwild, Moustache , YT decoy ..all this brands have v. good and light ebikes.

Some of those are not avlb. here in Us.

I guess it seems you are knocking the bike’s weight unfairly. I mean mountain bikes don’t have racks and fenders and the other comparable suspension commuter bikes I considered were the Moustache Friday Speed which checks in at 58.8 pounds at $5300 and the Riese and Müller Delite at over $8700 which is 62.8 (even with plastic fenders). What about more of an apples to apples comparison?

I’m not aware of the other full suspension commuter bikes in the space, though I am sure there are. Would love to hear about them, and would be curious to learn their weights, as well. Thanks much.

about more of an apples to apples comparison?
I agree. I thought that you were seeing the Bulls as an e mtb. only It could do both i guess... But it would need an additional battery to be useful
for a 20-30mile commute at fast speeds(25-28mph) Or a fast charger such as the Grin tech.

So, as a full suspension commuter ebike is pretty good , if it had the Shimano E8000 system , it would have been perfect. That system has an amazing efficiency !

I haven't kept up with the latest commuter ebikes, besides the ones you had mentioned , w/o further checking on google i don't know of anything better 😉.
And if it had a throttle , even limited to 13-14mph , that would have been another bonus. It can be very helpful for carrying the ebike up the stairs or when starting from a stop.

I agree. I thought that you were seeing the Bulls as an e mtb. only It could do both i guess... But it would need an additional battery to be useful
for a 20-30mile commute at fast speeds(25-28mph) Or a fast charger such as the Grin tech.

So, as a full suspension commuter ebike is pretty good , if it had the Shimano E8000 system , it would have been perfect. That system has an amazing efficiency !

I haven't kept up with the latest commuter ebikes, besides the ones you had mentioned , w/o further checking on google i don't know of anything better 😉.
And if it had a throttle , even limited to 13-14mph , that would have been another bonus. It can be very helpful for carrying the ebike up the stairs or when starting from a stop.
it is work to keep 25 on my bulls crossover and it has smaller tires. I usually cruise around 20 to 22 on the street. 25 when I am feeling good. but the range would only be slightly less then on my bike a 30 commute would not be a problem. they got the charge time wrong on the battery I bet it is more around 4.5 hours not 8.8 hours. no need for a throttle to get started and most likely it has walk mode.

The bike has fenders standard so it is definitely not geared toward mountain biking. It also promotes an upright riding position with its handle bar setup. These two features, along with the knee comfort, are what got me interested.

I’m not sure where I would commute at 20 miles an hour consistently let alone 25. Maybe just my riding style but traffic, pedestrians and stops alone and that just isn’t possible where I live. I am kinda thinking that applies to most of us?

I view the “speed” aspect of this commuter bike as something for limited areas (nice to have when you need it, or can use it, but not something I am going to lean into all of the time and perhaps only 10-20 percent of the time?

An additional battery? There’s another 8.8 pounds, right? I mean the single 625 is one of the things pushing weight over 60 lbs and you’re calling it heavy... can’t have it both ways, right?

I guess, without having yet ridden it, it seems like they did a lot right with this bike for what it is intended for. I am not familiar with the Shimano 8000 but I will read up on it and then the derailleur used on this bike. Just for fun.

I am having my ordered Iconic Speed fitted with the 2.4” Hurricanes over the Super Moto-Xs, and I’m ditching the Purion display in favor of the Kiox. I just can’t wait to get on this bike (of course, I guess I can because I have been waiting since mid-March! :)

Oh, and the bike does have walk-assist so the throttle not an advantage there. Throttles are fun, but I have read they can wear out if used repeatedly from a dead stop. Their also a bit risky used in traffic. Still, they are no doubt fun. The wife has one on her Motiv and she’ll likely never do without if she eventually decides to upgrade.

Throttles are fun, but I have read they can wear out if used repeatedly from a
I find it very helpfull and use it mostly in park rides(no cars at all) when i'm really tired , or when i need to go up the stairs . And also for starting from a stop, but that's every now and then. Most of the times i keep it on Pas when starting from a stop.

With the Bulls going 25mph and higher will eat the battery very fast , b/c of the knobby tires; still it's a great feature to have if needed. It def. must be a lot of fun gravel riding @24-24mph with this one !! So maybe it can be in a new category - iIn between commuter/mtb. ? Not aure how to call it though.

Enjoy the new ebike , it will be a lot of fun with different tires.

@Ebiker01...That battery is 625wh... I am not worried about eating the battery. No way could I maintain those speeds throughout any of my rides nor would I want to.

@Law...My dealer here in Longmont, CO said they have the bike (I think it arrived Wednesday). I am having them install a Kiox so I am patiently waiting (incidentally, the Kiox was on both the Action Bike review and Court's review which are both posted at the Bull's USA website, but the website says the standard display is the Purion).

Also, as it pertains to this thread, I received some interesting info from Schwalbe a couple days ago. I had my dealer order up the Hurricanes for the Iconic Speed before I saw the mere e25 rating. I then got talking with you all, here, and got a bit concerned. I had written the tires off and was going to just stay with the stock Moto-Xs. I was a bit bummed because the Hurricanes appeared to be a perfect fit for where I ride and have received complimentary reviews. I decided to call and discuss with my dealer and they said they would contact Schwalbe. Here is Schwalbe's email reply:

"Thanks for the message. The short answer is no, it’s not really a concern. The E-50 rating (which in actuality is the ECE-R75 motorized vehicle rating) is not present on a lot of OEM E-bike tires, and it’s generally not an issue except that tires sometimes don’t last as long as casings can get fatigued and bulge with heavier riders after a long period of time. You can feel confident using an E25 tire on a class 3 E bike."

There you have it. I'm all in on the Iconic Evo TR1 Speed and 2.4" Hurricanes. I am sure the Super Moto X tires are really nice, but the review here about the tires sold me. Sorry, I can't remember who to thank for that, but it was very in-depth and well-done.

This ebike brand is a very good competitor to the Bulls;

or the full suspension one:

They have a few diff. models base with the 756wh battery , which i really like and this brand is high end also. In the same category with Bulls but not very well known...

The only thing regarding this model , is the Brose motor. Not sure if it's the latest Brose DRIVE S MAG or Brose Drive TF.

Last edited:
This ebike brand is a very good competitor to the Bulls;

or the full suspension one:

They have a few diff. models base with the 756wh battery , which i really like and this brand is high end also. In the same category with Bulls but not very well known...

The only thing regarding this model , is the Brose motor. Not sure if it's the latest Brose DRIVE S MAG or Brose Drive TF.

I cant see prices and the closest dealer is a mobile bike shop in my area...

@Ebiker01...That battery is 625wh... I am not worried about eating the battery. No way could I maintain those speeds throughout any of my rides nor would I want to.

@Law...My dealer here in Longmont, CO said they have the bike (I think it arrived Wednesday). I am having them install a Kiox so I am patiently waiting (incidentally, the Kiox was on both the Action Bike review and Court's review which are both posted at the Bull's USA website, but the website says the standard display is the Purion).

Also, as it pertains to this thread, I received some interesting info from Schwalbe a couple days ago. I had my dealer order up the Hurricanes for the Iconic Speed before I saw the mere e25 rating. I then got talking with you all, here, and got a bit concerned. I had written the tires off and was going to just stay with the stock Moto-Xs. I was a bit bummed because the Hurricanes appeared to be a perfect fit for where I ride and have received complimentary reviews. I decided to call and discuss with my dealer and they said they would contact Schwalbe. Here is Schwalbe's email reply:

"Thanks for the message. The short answer is no, it’s not really a concern. The E-50 rating (which in actuality is the ECE-R75 motorized vehicle rating) is not present on a lot of OEM E-bike tires, and it’s generally not an issue except that tires sometimes don’t last as long as casings can get fatigued and bulge with heavier riders after a long period of time. You can feel confident using an E25 tire on a class 3 E bike."

There you have it. I'm all in on the Iconic Evo TR1 Speed and 2.4" Hurricanes. I am sure the Super Moto X tires are really nice, but the review here about the tires sold me. Sorry, I can't remember who to thank for that, but it was very in-depth and well-done.

Rocky-how is your Bulls Iconic? I am in the market and am curious how the display swap worked out. Any issues with the bike so far? Thanks in advance. Taylor

Back