New bike

The LMT'D is their most returned bike, but a lot of people love it. So good luck. I came close to ordering a LMT'D instead of my 700 earlier this month.

I am new to ebikes and have put 300 miles on my LmT'D since December. No problems so far with the bike. The video tutorial of how to set the controller to your liking is very helpful. The assembly video is helpful but unless you are very familiar with bike stuff, the front fork mounting into the column head takes some problem-solving. Here a parts schematic of the parts would have been helpful. Apart from this, the assembly is definitely something you can do with only a few common tools.
I have been pleasantly surprised that my riding range has been extending with warming temperatures here in PA. I was out for 22 miles yesterday and at ride's end I still had 40+ % battery remaining. I am 6'2" and 210 lbs. I think the battery should propel me over a 30 mile course which is as much as I would hope for. I prefer 5 assist levels and tend to keep it at "3" except upon real hills. With this setting I find that it is fairly easy to average 20 mph or better and no needed stops for rest. (In writing this, I'm thinking that I may be a lazy rider!)
Best wishes with your new bike.

The LMT'D is their most returned bike, but a lot of people love it. So good luck. I came close to ordering a LMT'D instead of my 700 earlier this month.
Is it because of the controller issue? I think that's been resolved. I hope so.

I am new to ebikes and have put 300 miles on my LmT'D since December. No problems so far with the bike. The video tutorial of how to set the controller to your liking is very helpful. The assembly video is helpful but unless you are very familiar with bike stuff, the front fork mounting into the column head takes some problem-solving. Here a parts schematic of the parts would have been helpful. Apart from this, the assembly is definitely something you can do with only a few common tools.
I have been pleasantly surprised that my riding range has been extending with warming temperatures here in PA. I was out for 22 miles yesterday and at ride's end I still had 40+ % battery remaining. I am 6'2" and 210 lbs. I think the battery should propel me over a 30 mile course which is as much as I would hope for. I prefer 5 assist levels and tend to keep it at "3" except upon real hills. With this setting I find that it is fairly easy to average 20 mph or better and no needed stops for rest. (In writing this, I'm thinking that I may be a lazy rider!)
Best wishes with your new bike.
Did you get the updated controller with your bike? I am going to get a bike shop to assemble and adjust, if I can. Thanks for the info

Is it because of the controller issue? I think that's been resolved. I hope so.
That appears to be one of the problems, not just with the gen 1 controllers, but also with some of the updated controllers with the second generation. There's one guy who posted here who is on his 4th controller trying to resolve a problem. The 4th one might be a fix.

There were issues with error codes and the battery losing connection or otherwise shutting down also. Kevin from Ride1Up says it was because of customers' expectations about how the torque sensor works that requires them to pedal with force to get more power output from the motor. But when multiple people say their 700's smoke their LMT'Ds going up hill, and the user says they are pedaling as hard as they can, something sounds like a real problem.

Here's a comparison someone gave between a LMT'D and an older generation 700.

I wouldn't worry about it and just wait and see if yours operates as it should. There's also a FB group for Ride1Up users.

Did you get the updated controller with your bike? I am going to get a bike shop to assemble and adjust, if I can. Thanks for the info
Just an FYI. The first gen controller was shipped on the first gen LMT'Ds back in June 2020, but in July 2020, they said all new shipments would receive the updated software. So, you will get the newer controller/software, but there are still sometimes issues. If so, you can probably work it out with Ride1Up.

Back