New bike from WW

Cuz Vinny

Any reviews of the Pulse? Looks pretty sweet and only 51 lbs to boot...

Any reviews of the Pulse? Looks pretty sweet and only 51 lbs to boot...
Considering the designed purpose and the full suspension, 50 lbs. isn’t too bad, but it’s still a heavy bike. I have a Trek Allant+ that weighs about the same, and it’s been sitting in my garage for over a year, aside from loaning it out a couple of times. I got tired of it and went with a much lighter Specialized Creo, which is about 28 lbs. Again though, the designed purpose is much different, but I found that the heavier bikes were too much of a compromise, in terms of handling as well as the amount of assist required.

Not a knock on the bike in question, just a comment based on personal preference. 😊

Considering the designed purpose and the full suspension, 50 lbs. isn’t too bad, but it’s still a heavy bike. I have a Trek Allant+ that weighs about the same, and it’s been sitting in my garage for over a year, aside from loaning it out a couple of times. I got tired of it and went with a much lighter Specialized Creo, which is about 28 lbs. Again though, the designed purpose is much different, but I found that the heavier bikes were too much of a compromise, in terms of handling as well as the amount of assist required.

Not a knock on the bike in question, just a comment based on personal preference. 😊
a lot of the trek is those tire it really makes the bike a slug.

I'm going to guess it's carbon.
Two reasons:
1. Weight-51 pounds for a full suspension e-bike with an aluminum frame, would be unlikely.
2. Welds-I can't see any welds. Everything looks VERY carbon-smooth.

Just a guess.....could be wrong. :p

a lot of the trek is those tire it really makes the bike a slug.
I disagree. They’re smooth down the center, and will roll almost forever if I stop pedaling.

On the other hand, if I lean too far into a turn, I can sense that the bike is about to slide out. I suppose I could have tried different tires to overcome that, but I just generally didn’t care for the bike; weight, handling, range (ok, but I wanted to ride greater distances), cobi.bike, and more. Just the wrong choice for me.

That's a good question. Nothing on the website about what the frame is made of.
Was looking for the same. Also whether or not the 51# weight includes the battery or not.
And of course - is it even possible to get 'Archon' controllers or is this non-Innotrace for the 'upgrade' etc. ?
Bike looks fine and at least is price competitive-ish vs Luna X2 - if actually available with upgraded controller.
Tektro brakes but DVO suspension - overall fine IMO.

Helios still in development. Carbon fiber frame, ultra motor, belt drive, full suspension, suspended rear rack, but still a few things to sort out.

Back