WW Still In Business?

Do a search here. Seems they may be in a hiatus of sorts.

They are in the process of closing shop.
EDIT: I should not have posted the above. They are not fully closing!! The business is still open, and servicing local bikes among other things. They are currently stepping away from building the Hydra and others. Downsizing.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people who placed a deposit will be left 'holding the bag'.
Their website is still up.
Everyone who's purchased is getting their products. They are not "out of business" they are just slowly downsizing. They have products that are still available.

Last edited:
Going out of business VS slowly closing......same thing, same results, just takes longer, and this has been a long time coming.

Any idea if WW is still in business? Tried calling them a few times last week and no one picks up.
The business is still open, and servicing local bikes among other things. They are currently stepping away from building the Hydra and others. They have downsized for now.

Wattwagons still advertises the Helios as "coming soon." I think its been listed as "coming soon" for a couple of years. They should remove it from their website if it will never exist.

Wattwagons still advertises the Helios as "coming soon." I think its been listed as "coming soon" for a couple of years. They should remove it from their website if it will never exist.
If they truly are not going to offer the bikes any longer they should all be removed from the website once the current stock is gone. Just my two cents.

If they truly are not going to offer the bikes any longer they should all be removed from the website once the current stock is gone. Just my two cents.
Totally agree. On web.archive.org, the Wattwagons Helios webpage goes back to December 5, 2020. That's a long time to list a product that will never be sold.

Excerpt from the Dec 5, 2020 Wattwagons Helios webpage:
HELIOS (COMING SOON)
$7,999.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Payment plan available, from $1,662.19 down Learn More

We are pleased to announce our next-generation commuter, the WattWagons Helios. The Helios is a carbon fiber, full suspension commuter. It features the Bafang Ultra motor with the Archon X1 controller, Class 3 certification, and the Kindernay 7 speed Internal Gear Hub with a Watt Wagons proprietary belt drive. The belt is certified for up to 500 Nm of torque. Helios is an unrivaled, high-performance e-bike, built right here in the US...

Launching Spring 2022!

Yes, there is someone. I have a 'loaner' Helios, sent to tide me over until the real one came out. Pushkar never sent me the key needed to remove the battery from the frame, complicating charging. As it happens, that is not a problem because it has a too-large frame for me. It is currently sitting in a storage unit in California, and I have put fewer than 10 miles on it. A waste of well over $8000 dollars.

Yes, there is someone. I have a 'loaner' Helios, sent to tide me over until the real one came out. Pushkar never sent me the key needed to remove the battery from the frame, complicating charging. As it happens, that is not a problem because it has a too-large frame for me. It is currently sitting in a storage unit in California, and I have put fewer than 10 miles on it. A waste of well over $8000 dollars.
Join the club. I had two WW Hydra’s which I parted out and lost money on.

Cuz Vinny, why did you have to part out your Hydras?
I parted them out because I couldn’t get replacement 52v batteries from WW. Mine were defective and wouldn’t hold a charge for more than two or three days. WW fixed the one but it started acting up again soon after. I wanted to buy, at full cost, brand new batteries but they can’t get them. I’m not a fan of rebuilding, had a bad experience. Ive had batteries from other bike manufacturers, Luna, go for months without use and they work perfectly fine. Anyway I got tired of dealing with it and took them apart, sold parts, and used some for other builds.

Is it the same (no replacement) problem for a 48V battery too?
48v won’t work in my bike. It’s programmed for 52v. I just got tired of dealing with the whole situation. I’ve had so many e-bikes from various manufacturers like Sondors, Specialized, Luna, Vintage Electric and RIDE1UP. The Hydra’s are the only bikes that gave me this problem. I was just done and wanted to move on. The bikes have been taken apart and the majority of the parts used in new builds. One motor, charger, and programming cable was sold to the owner of Area 13 bikes. The black fat bike frame and motor are packed away somewhere as I just moved. Not in a hurry to find it either.

Back