New and require some advice if anyone has the time

AmoebaGhost

Region
United Kingdom
HI, I've been an owner of a Himiway Zebra since feb this year but had a bit of a scary accident on friday night when I was cycling home.

The right pedal actually broke off, and the blunt metal end on the broken part did a number on the back of my ankle and foot, almost causing me to crash. I'm not sure if it was something I did myself, or whether it was maybe some flaw on the pedal itself. I was not putting much pressure on the pedals as I have pedal assist on and was letting the motor do the hard work. So I'm just wondering if any experts or anyone familiar with this type of bike could advise what to do or have any explanation. Thanks for your time if you read this.

Here are photos of the broken pedal :
445735779_379427845147974_9092473492653348239_n.jpg

Attachments

• 441535499_986029959603005_8368727768790468119_n.jpg
    441535499_986029959603005_8368727768790468119_n.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 56
Sorry about your accident. Unless you had previously damaged the pedal, e.g. by turning too sharply toward its side, or had the bike fall toward that side, I would think it is simply a defective pedal. I'd replace the petals with decent quality ones. I have used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWRQQGD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 They are well rated and reasonable. I don't think you situation has anything to do with your bike brand or the fact that it's an e-bike. Probably just a manufacturing defect. Hope your back riding soon.

Sorry about your accident. Unless you had previously damaged the pedal, e.g. by turning too sharply toward its side, or had the bike fall toward that side, I would think it is simply a defective pedal. I'd replace the petals with decent quality ones. I have used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWRQQGD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 They are well rated and reasonable. I don't think you situation has anything to do with your bike brand or the fact that it's an e-bike. Probably just a manufacturing defect. Hope your back riding soon.

Thankyou kind sir. I haven't had the bike fall over and I don't think I've had any sharp turns like that. I'll take your suggestion and buy replacements and it's reassuring to know it was likely a defect and not me - I've tried my best to take care of my ebike as it's something I saved up for, for a long time so I am a bit obsessive with taking care of it!

I am glad you got away with only a few minor scratches and hope they healed up already. Regardless please get in Touch with the Supplier you purchased the Bike from as I have no doubt the Manufacturer would like to know of your Problem too and if it was a Material or Design Flaw would like to rectify the problem. Furthermore I would think this would fall under Warranty and I hope they look after you accordingly.

Happy Ebiking

Back