Neo Eco/STD/Sport/Boost

flymeaway

OK...after riding the bike half a dozen times and trying all the settings is it my imagination? I ride mostly on the Eco setting (when needed) and I have tried the other settings (primarily going up fairly steep inclines) and I see some additional power but the incremental increase as I move up the scale seems minimal? Does anyone know if there is a torque/output graph that shows the motor output at each setting? Just curious, I could ride the bike forever pedaling without assist and using Eco only when necessary.

I like the bike "incrementally more" after each ride...couldn't resist.

I'm pretty much the same as you. I just leave my bike in ECO, as I've never noticed any difference between the modes. My dealer has recently purchased some diagnostic and settings equipment from BH, and when it finally arrives, he has offered to take a look at my bikes system to see what is or isn't happening.

I'll let you know the result when it happens.

I'm pretty much the same as you. I just leave my bike in ECO, as I've never noticed any difference between the modes. My dealer has recently purchased some diagnostic and settings equipment from BH, and when it finally arrives, he has offered to take a look at my bikes system to see what is or isn't happening.

I'll let you know the result when it happens.
Thanks that would be great!

Court J.

I notice the motor cut off a bit more frequently in ECO, especially between pedal strokes. Other than that I don't feel much of a difference on my Carbon either.

I bought a Neo Cross a month ago, and there is an enourmous difference between the modes. Sport and Boost are pretty much off the charts, especially "out of the blocks" from standstill. In fact I need to be careful not to take off too quick; it's basically like out of a slingshot. On hills where I would normally have to get off and walk (and I'm in quite good shape), I don't even need to get off the seat.

In Standard I notice some cutting off of the motor between strokes, which isn't that great, as it gives my pedaling some pulsation (it's not even overall) , but in the higher modes the motor seems to be pure power and assist, with an even feeling in my pedaling.

I seem to remember a torque/output graph with the minimalist manual that came with my bike. I live in Boston, and love this bike.

Hmm... Thanks for the testimonial orlans, your point about the motor cutting out between pedal strokes makes me rethink some of the reviews I've done where I highlight that the motor often keeps going after you stop pedaling. In a way, it's good to have a quick cut off (especially for mountain biking) but it's also nice to have a smooth steady assist (for in town riding).

flymeaway, Regarding your points about the similarity of assist modes I've heard that going from 2013 to 2014 models the assist levels have been separated more. In particular, the Eco mode is meant to be gentler and conserve more energy. You may have bought last year's model but there might be a way to update the computer software with your dealer?

I bought a Neo Jet in February and my experience changed as I got fitter.
I'm a 56 year old who is overweight and very rusty at bike riding.
At first I used the bike at Sport mode and Eco mode didn't seem to do anything.
After a while I begun to use Eco mode only and I think the Sport mode is overpowered. I just use it for steep hills and headwinds.
Nowadays after a few months I'm riding without power or using Eco during a recent illness.

Back