Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

I'm not sure of the difference between cadence and torque if I'm honest 🤣. Yeah I'm semi rural atm so feel like it would be good for that plus I work in London so would be handy on a commute. Yeah I saw that video too, would just like a few more from different people to really get a feel for it. I'm usually trawling through YouTube and stuff before I buy anything
Cadence works as soon as you push the pedal forward. Then the motor kicks in. Bear in mind you have 5 settings of power you have to be careful setting off in 5th from say a tight rural road junction or you'll overreach yourself. Sounds complicated but it isn't. Took me about half an hour on a quiet road to suss it all out. The 'manual' gears are pretty good to. Think cross between mini motorbike and cool looking bicycle. I can't wait for spring weather. And by the way, I am not a cyclist at all. This bikes changed all that. Lol

Cadence works as soon as you push the pedal forward. Then the motor kicks in. Bear in mind you have 5 settings of power you have to be careful setting off in 5th from say a tight rural road junction or you'll overreach yourself. Sounds complicated but it isn't. Took me about half an hour on a quiet road to suss it all out. The 'manual' gears are pretty good to. Think cross between mini motorbike and cool looking bicycle. I can't wait for spring weather. And by the way, I am not a cyclist at all. This bikes changed all that. Lol
Oh okay I think I understand, what about the torque? Yeah I'm not a cyclist either but I want to get one to have fun and hopefully drop some pounds in the process lol. I just want to see one in person to finalize my decision

Oh okay I think I understand, what about the torque? Yeah I'm not a cyclist either but I want to get one to have fun and hopefully drop some pounds in the process lol. I just want to see one in person to finalize my decision
Torque is basically pedal faster go faster. Both torque and cadence will drop out when you hit the legal EU limit. Cadence for me saves my knees and lets me cruise! Lol. I'm sure if you asked Newgen would let you see one in person depending on lock down restrictions of course.

Torque is basically pedal faster go faster. Both torque and cadence will drop out when you hit the legal EU limit. Cadence for me saves my knees and lets me cruise! Lol. I'm sure if you asked Newgen would let you see one in person depending on lock down restrictions of course.
Yeah I already spoke to them and I will view one once this lockdown has eased but that could be next month or next year with this country 🤣, I'm just so excited to get one but just don't wanna buy blindly

Yeah I already spoke to them and I will view one once this lockdown has eased but that could be next month or next year with this country 🤣, I'm just so excited to get one but just don't wanna buy blindly
Lol. I know. I bought blind. Then started thinking oh man. But honestly I haven't regretted it like. Plus there's great before AND after sales service. Great bikes.

Lol. I know. I bought blind. Then started thinking oh man. But honestly I haven't regretted it like. Plus there's great before AND after sales service. Great bikes.
I have noticed that, they seem like a good group of guys there, hopefully once this pandemics over we can all do a newgen meet up, might start a Reddit channel for anyone interested

If anyone here is on Reddit I have created a community page so people can share their views and experience, just type NewGen345

I have noticed that, they seem like a good group of guys there, hopefully once this pandemics over we can all do a newgen meet up, might start a Reddit channel for anyone interested
Just thinking there... I was hoping to get out on bike today/tonight. Give me a day or two and weather/time permitting I'll post a pic of my son with the bike. Give you a better idea of size etc.

Just thinking there... I was hoping to get out on bike today/tonight. Give me a day or two and weather/time permitting I'll post a pic of my son with the bike. Give you a better idea of size etc.
That would be great, thankyou so much you've been a big help

Hi I'm new to this, been looking at the Newgen but concerned about the 20mph top end speed, does anyone find this an issue? Also been looking at the super73 for the extra 10mph. What are your guys views? Also I'm 6ft 4" will this look too small on me?
Not familiar with newgen, but 20 mph is plenty fo a bike. You can´t pedal-assist much beyond that anyway.
If you need to go faster, get a motorcycle. The ´73´ is more of a motorcycle than a bike anyway. At 6´4¨
your probably won´t quite get proper leg extension for pedaling, but the motor more than compensates.

Hi Dandroid, in all honesty I wouldn’t be too concerned about the 345’s top speed when riding in the city. In my experience riding in Cambridge and on larger roads for instance that hasn’t bothered me at all. I would think it more important to make yourself highly visible though when riding in London. The other point you might want to look into is the point about using it for a commute. As you said you are in a semi rural area and work in London so if you were thinking of going into town on the train then riding i am not sure that would feasible given the size and weight of the bike and all the obstacles (ticket machines, escalators, stairs etc) Just a thought. Anyway in the meantime I can definitely say you are looking at an amazing bike and really hope you order one. Once this bloody lockdown is over you are more than welcome to have a test ride on my 345. I am in Royston Herts so if that’s any help just get in touch here.

Hi Dandroid, in all honesty I wouldn’t be too concerned about the 345’s top speed when riding in the city. In my experience riding in Cambridge and on larger roads for instance that hasn’t bothered me at all. I would think it more important to make yourself highly visible though when riding in London. The other point you might want to look into is the point about using it for a commute. As you said you are in a semi rural area and work in London so if you were thinking of going into town on the train then riding i am not sure that would feasible given the size and weight of the bike and all the obstacles (ticket machines, escalators, stairs etc) Just a thought. Anyway in the meantime I can definitely say you are looking at an amazing bike and really hope you order one. Once this bloody lockdown is over you are more than welcome to have a test ride on my 345. I am in Royston Herts so if that’s any help just get in touch here.
Thanks for your thoughts dustyaxe, yeah I was thinking the same but some of these Thameslink trains have a massive space for bikes so might try my luck lol. I have actually been speaking to the guys at newgen and I will be trying one when lockdown is done as they aren't too far from my work (about half hour train). I keep meaning to ask also how is the display on these bikes I've never seen it. I can't believe this is the only place on the the internet I could find a forum or discussion for this bike, I feel part of an exclusive club now 🤣

My 345 lite handles hills no bother. Obviously I wouldn't expect anything too steep to be easy but yeah I'm happy with the handling.

My 345 lite handles hills no bother. Obviously I wouldn't expect anything too steep to be easy but yeah I'm happy with the handling.
Thankyou, I have a long gradual hill to get home so just wanted to check it would be okay with it

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_185210.jpg
    IMG_20210219_185210.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 214
Dandroid. The hills here are deceptively steeper than they look. Like I say I'm no cyclist, they are too hard on my knees, the 345 breezes up them.

Back