Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Do me one pal and I'll send you a slide if you're into guitar still.
Certainly mate. Sorry I just looked back on the thread and realised it was you who asked for one, not OldBoy. Sorry bout dat :( I’ll send you this one just email me your address Elgorgo. OldBoy can be next if he wants one :)

Holy cow... next day delivery on tyres through eBay. Look ok! Going to try changing the front first....
image.jpg

Interesting to know that OldBoy. Perhaps when my tubes show up I’ll have another try myself.
You need reinforced nylon levers. Use 4, don’t slide, just lever. I’ve put the first one back on. Taken way longer than I care to admit, including taking it back off as I had the tread the wrong way around. Doh!

You need reinforced nylon levers. Use 4, don’t slide, just lever. I’ve put the first one back on. Taken way longer than I care to admit, including taking it back off as I had the tread the wrong way around. Doh!
Great tip, I’ll get some of them :)

Great tip, I’ll get some of them :)

Oh man you guys are proper cyclists! I wouldn't know where to start!! Those tyres do look the biz like. I've had a weird afternoon on my bike. I've discovered a quiet place not far from me. And I sat down and I just sat there for an hour taking it all in. Then I got in the saddle and noticing all the shite people had thrown from their car windows, started picking it up. Went home, got another bag, went back and got more shite picked up. I am now the guy on the cool bike picking up the rubbish.

Oh man you guys are proper cyclists! I wouldn't know where to start!! Those tyres do look the biz like. I've had a weird afternoon on my bike. I've discovered a quiet place not far from me. And I sat down and I just sat there for an hour taking it all in. Then I got in the saddle and noticing all the shite people had thrown from their car windows, started picking it up. Went home, got another bag, went back and got more shite picked up. I am now the guy on the cool bike picking up the rubbish.
Your a good man Elgorgo :) This cycling thing is a truly a game changer that’s for sure. Gives you a whole new perspective. Like you I have explored locally and discovered lots of lovely places I never knew existed.

Your a good man Elgorgo :) This cycling thing is a truly a game changer that’s for sure. Gives you a whole new perspective. Like you I have explored locally and discovered lots of lovely places I never knew existed.
Lol. I just made it up as I went...

be careful with those wheel /tyre swaps boys, I got some remedial brake / derailleur work to do tomorrow now....

Wheels on though. Look ok imo..

854C645D-7724-4698-A8B3-40112A08CCED.jpeg
70EFBC8C-4A89-4188-9E0F-67F217133F79.jpeg

Just trying not to lose my kneecaps to gravel rash

Believe it or not, these were an eBay purchase yesterday. Yesterday! I couldn’t believe it when they arrived today...

there seems to be a bit of a knack to fitting tyres to these rims btw. Make sure there is no / little air in the tube for the last bit of the tyre, then summon the strength of 1000 warriors to push the last bit over. QED

Just trying not to lose my kneecaps to gravel rash

Believe it or not, these were an eBay purchase yesterday. Yesterday! I couldn’t believe it when they arrived today...

there seems to be a bit of a knack to fitting tyres to these rims btw. Make sure there is no / little air in the tube for the last bit of the tyre, then summon the strength of 1000 warriors to push the last bit over. QED

Can you recommend a pump? And pressure?

Can you recommend a pump? And pressure?
These compass tyres say to inflate to 20psi.

My pump is a bit old and knackered so I stopped when the gauge got to around 18 / 19 and the tyre felt hard 🤙🏼

(it’s just an old car pump that I had in my garage for the last 20 years)

When I did the tyre swap, I tried to use only tools that I’m likely to (eventually) carry around on the bike with me for puncture repairs etc. what surprised me most was that the spanner that comes with the bike doesn’t fit the rear wheel nuts. Take an adjustable out with you fellas and be prepared to fight your tyres back into position.

A top tip from you tube was to have the wheels lying brake disc up, but the rear wheel has important stuff either side so I needed to fit this tyre upright.

I would recommend trying this at home before in the position of needing to do it at the roadside / in the woods or similar so you know what you’re getting into

These compass tyres say to inflate to 20psi.

My pump is a bit old and knackered so I stopped when the gauge got to around 18 / 19 and the tyre felt hard 🤙🏼

(it’s just an old car pump that I had in my garage for the last 20 years)

When I did the tyre swap, I tried to use only tools that I’m likely to (eventually) carry around on the bike with me for puncture repairs etc. what surprised me most was that the spanner that comes with the bike doesn’t fit the rear wheel nuts. Take an adjustable out with you fellas and be prepared to fight your tyres back into position.

A top tip from you tube was to have the wheels lying brake disc up, but the rear wheel has important stuff either side so I needed to fit this tyre upright.

I would recommend trying this at home before in the position of needing to do it at the roadside / in the woods or similar so you know what you’re getting into

Oh man I definitely wouldn't be confident taking rear wheel off!!! But well done. Those tyres are cool.

Oh man I definitely wouldn't be confident taking rear wheel off!!! But well done. Those tyres are cool.
That’s pretty much why I wanted to have a go at home first.:. In moving the rear wheel I also ‘adjusted’ the rear brake. Turns out adjusting the brakes is quite easy with the right Allen key

That’s pretty much why I wanted to have a go at home first.:. In moving the rear wheel I also ‘adjusted’ the rear brake. Turns out adjusting the brakes is quite easy with the right Allen key

Whenever I "adjust" anything it ends up maladjusted! I take it you're a fairly accomplished cyclist Oldboy?

Back