Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

That’s awesome service skym00th. I’ve been impressed with my bike so far, so hopefully things only get better!

Lucky me I live in London. Someone from Newgen came today to change my bended brake disk and it all good now. Quick response from them which is great. The guy had a 18 month old version of the bike with him which looked great still. So I hope that says something about the quality of the bike 😉

The bike reeks of quality. RE Oldboy about the gap. Show a pic? Personally I wouldn't be messing around with silicone where the the wiring is. SKYM00TH... That's good service! Post your feedback after a good spin?!

The bike reeks of quality. RE Oldboy about the gap. Show a pic? Personally I wouldn't be messing around with silicone where the the wiring is. SKYM00TH... That's good service! Post your feedback after a good spin?!
Hi, this is the wiring port I referred to... seems quite large for a top facing entry point..
9D668C92-D0D5-4D40-99FF-D6E619BCC5B1.jpeg

I’ve been on an ace couple of rides over the last two days. 15mph is good enough for cruising around on tarmac, gravel paths, baked mud tracks etc. The bike gets a lot of looks as you cruise past, people wondering what it is, but so far no one has approached me about it with positively or negatively. Have to say, I’m being hugely respectful towards people walking around in groups, with kids, dogs, on their own etc and slowing to a first gear place around them or stopping.

battery seems to be holding up well and I’m charging at the end of the day so it’s topped up for the next ride. I’m loving it!

I’ve been on an ace couple of rides over the last two days. 15mph is good enough for cruising around on tarmac, gravel paths, baked mud tracks etc. The bike gets a lot of looks as you cruise past, people wondering what it is, but so far no one has approached me about it with positively or negatively. Have to say, I’m being hugely respectful towards people walking around in groups, with kids, dogs, on their own etc and slowing to a first gear place around them or stopping.

battery seems to be holding up well and I’m charging at the end of the day so it’s topped up for the next ride. I’m loving it!

Snap!! I love pulling up at the local garage for milk and seeing people looking at the bike and wondering where the engine is.

Out and about on mine every chance I get :) I have to say this bike as I expected is a total game changer for me. I had a pretty serious heart attack last year, fortunately I live near the new Papworth hospital and got fixed real quick (God bless the NHS). Anyway it kinda did me a favour really because I quit smoking both regular and the jazz variety and I no longer drink alcohol. This has saved me so much money that’s how I could afford to buy the bike and it has to be just about my best ever purchase. It’s a great way to get the exercise I need and sometimes I even ride it as a regular bike just to get the heart rate up.

Battery ran out the other day after the first charge and the last ten miles was all me. I used just the first three gears and walked it up the final hill on the way home but that was cool as along there the hedges are covered in blackberries. So I feasted on those until I got to the top of the hill then pedalled home. Now after a re-charge I went back there today and picked another two kilos, went exploring some more and found an apple tree grabbed a few pounds of them got home and you can guess what I asked my dear wife to conjour in the kitchen :)

btw “OldBoy” I have the same gap in the housing for that wiring and I think I will get some of that
”No nonsense” expanding foam from Screwfix to sort that out. Wot ya fink?

Out and about on mine every chance I get :) I have to say this bike as I expected is a total game changer for me. I had a pretty serious heart attack last year, fortunately I live near the new Papworth hospital and got fixed real quick (God bless the NHS). Anyway it kinda did me a favour really because I quit smoking both regular and the jazz variety and I no longer drink alcohol. This has saved me so much money that’s how I could afford to buy the bike and it has to be just about my best ever purchase. It’s a great way to get the exercise I need and sometimes I even ride it as a regular bike just to get the heart rate up.

Battery ran out the other day after the first charge and the last ten miles was all me. I used just the first three gears and walked it up the final hill on the way home but that was cool as along there the hedges are covered in blackberries. So I feasted on those until I got to the top of the hill then pedalled home. Now after a re-charge I went back there today and picked another two kilos, went exploring some more and found an apple tree grabbed a few pounds of them got home and you can guess what I asked my dear wife to conjour in the kitchen :)

btw “OldBoy” I have the same gap in the housing for that wiring and I think I will get some of that
”No nonsense” expanding foam from Screwfix to sort that out. Wot ya fink?

That's great! Exactly how I feel. I love the gears too. I need to quit the fags n booze too. I quit the jazz a while back. I find cycling just too.... well boring. With this bike it's just fun fun fun! Practical fun as well. I'm caring for my mother at the moment (dementia) and it's really starting to get me down. As you say the bikes a game changer. For an hour or two a day I can putt around the late summer Country roads and clear my head a bit while smiling too. Great stuff.
Also, re the gap. Personally I would leave it. You don't want to get any gunk going where it shouldn't imo.

Yeah, I’m not so sure about the expanding foam, I was more thinking of something to just prevent water ingress discretely. The thought of squirting expanding foam in did make me chuckle though. Maybe I’ll just sellotape an old shoe over it 👌

Yeah, I’m not so sure about the expanding foam, I was more thinking of something to just prevent water ingress discretely. The thought of squirting expanding foam in did make me chuckle though. Maybe I’ll just sellotape an old shoe over it 👌

Lol. I wouldn't bother we don't live in Kansas or owt do we?! Second time out for me the bike was soaked. A wipe down soon sorted it n a dry in the back kitchen. Got bike up to 57kph before... with a full backpack!

57? Did it feel safe? I got up to around 40 on an earlier trip but I settled into cruise mode since plus I also converted to mph with an app called ‘speedy’ after tinkering with the wheel size on the display. That hangs at around 21 on the flat

57? Did it feel safe? I got up to around 40 on an earlier trip but I settled into cruise mode since plus I also converted to mph with an app called ‘speedy’ after tinkering with the wheel size on the display. That hangs at around 21 on the flat

Yeah all was fine. Could you tell me more about converting to mph?

Yeah all was fine. Could you tell me more about converting to mph?

converting may be a little misleading....

when you lower the wheel size on the display, you can no longer go by the speed / distance on the display - it will calculate you have traveled less distance more slowly. So i downloaded the speedy app from the Apple store onto my phone and set this as mph. I put this on the handlebars using the funky NewGen cradle they seems in the pack when you buy it. Its solid as a rock

having problems with my front light shaking loose, and although it gives the bike a quirky smile, I think I may rig an adapter and take the direct fitting to the top of the fork away

converting may be a little misleading....

when you lower the wheel size on the display, you can no longer go by the speed / distance on the display - it will calculate you have traveled less distance more slowly. So i downloaded the speedy app from the Apple store onto my phone and set this as mph. I put this on the handlebars using the funky NewGen cradle they seems in the pack when you buy it. Its solid as a rock

having problems with my front light shaking loose, and although it gives the bike a quirky smile, I think I may rig an adapter and take the direct fitting to the top of the fork away
Speedy app image.. nice and retro (to my eye anyways)
A4DD49FD-9BAF-40C6-9BF0-43AFCEFD3348.png

Well, I solved the wobbly front light problem with a bracket mod after returning from an excellent 10 mile ride.

Removed upper and lower guards fromThe bracket which were preventing tool access, then replaced 10mm M5 Allen bolt with 20mm M5 hex screw, spacers and bolted in until rock solid. QED
EC50A26B-5943-4BE3-B12E-535DCBC38FDE.jpeg

Well, I solved the wobbly front light problem with a bracket mod after returning from an excellent 10 mile ride.

Removed upper and lower guards fromThe bracket which were preventing tool access, then replaced 10mm M5 Allen bolt with 20mm M5 hex screw, spacers and bolted in until rock solid. QEDView attachment 65011

Love the app! My 345 lite didn't come with no fancy cradles. Lol.

Any of you guys given a thought to how to carry this bike on the back of a car? I’ve been looking for a bike rack but at 31kg it’s quite a lump to support...

Another question for you guys.. does your brake Light come on with just the front brake or both? (Mine is front only)

Back